Posted over 1 year ago
Business, technology, and personal leadership all come together in the product management team at Canonical, the publisher of Ubuntu.
We are growing our interdisciplinary, creative and focused team of product champions who own and lead product marketing, management, and performance across our broad cloud and IoT product portfolio, including the Ubuntu operating system, OpenStack, Kubernetes, MAAS, containers, AI and more.
The Product Manager will be an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message and product capabilities. We are seeking graduate professionals with a technical background to define product strategy and create initiatives to drive business engagement with Canonical products.
Product management at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with the company leadership. You will join a rapidly growing team at an early stage in its development and have the opportunity to shape and develop the positioning and message across our suite of products. You will generate effective content that can attract and engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences (product managers and directors of technology and IT), and work closely with Canonical's marketing, media, product development, sales, research, consulting, and training teams.
You will not only define product strategy but also be accountable for product development and go-to-market execution, the creation of marketing materials including sales collateral, case studies, training, and external blog posts. You will be expected to be comfortable creating impactful assets that drive measurable lead generation and market awareness.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- A rigorous technical or science background and supporting qualifications
- Business and commercial interests, possibly with a relevant qualification
- A proven history of articulation, presentation or narrative, as well as leadership in areas of personal interest
- Energy and a strong work ethic, and personal interests aligned with the field, such as demonstrable hobbies in areas such as tech/arts/music/languages
- Awareness of the positioning, competition and tactical opportunities available to Ubuntu and Canonical
If you are excited about technology and interested in how innovation drives business impact on a global scale, this might be for you!
In this team you will:
- Develop value proposition and messaging frameworks, and drive articulation of product portfolio positioning, aligned to product goals
- Own go-to-market and adoption strategies
- Identify needs and sharpen product offerings based on feedback from customers and competitive positioning
- Maintain and communicate product release roadmaps
- Create compelling sales and marketing collateral to drive adoption
- Conduct adoption analysis and develop recommendations for growth initiatives
- Identify internal and 3rd party research needs to support product positioning and go-to-market plans
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline
- Evidence of interest in the business impact of technology (e.g. MBA or comparable background)
- Strong aptitude for data-driven decision-making and experience in distilling complex products into client-facing solutions
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech competitive landscape, either in the form of product writing or public commentary
- Ability to create compelling sales collateral and marketing materials