Posted about 1 year ago
Are you a creative marketer who understands customer needs and can craft differentiated messaging? If so, then the Product Marketing Manager role might be an excellent opportunity for you. As a PMM, you will help position and market our Jira Service Desk product to new and existing customers. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, this role will develop product messaging, lead product launches, and work with cross-functional teams to activate our brand and promote Jira Service Desk across multiple channels.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Craft messaging that fits the audience mindset and improves the strengths of each channel or communication experience (e.g. website, in-product messaging, on-boarding, blog, community forum, emails, etc.)
- Understand customer needs and refine messaging through surveys, interviews, product usage, and competitive analysis
- Own and drive product/feature launches across cross-functional teams including Product Management, Marketplace, Marketing, Support etc.
- Work with Product Managers to establish a continuous feedback loop to influence the product roadmap and mitigate any product gaps
- Drive the discovery and adoption of Jira Service Desk apps in the Atlassian Marketplace
- Dream up engaging product demonstrations that are used on stage, in videos, and are the basis for customer engagements in the buyer journey
- Use customer insights and market trends to develop strategy, positioning, and provide feedback cross-functionally
- On the first day, we'll expect you to have:
- A self-starter mentality. The ability to get the data you need without any fuss and whip it into an insightful story with little help.
- Testing chops. Experience running rigorous multivariate testing and using data to make decisions and drive further experimentation and growth.
- Strong market knowledge. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and youre strong at integrating this information into your product marketing strategies.
- Master story-teller skills. You can craft a compelling narrative across different channels, and match the message to the medium.
- An "owner" personality. Youre biased toward action, love to collaborate, and a master simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You have a self-starter, GSD attitude, and are ready to roll up your sleeves when the job demands it.
More about the team
- You have enthusiasm for genuinely improving how businesses serve and engage people
- You're articulate and very skilled at telling a written or visual story in a simple straightforward way
- You're effective at balancing quantitative evidence and qualitative factors to quickly test and learn (avoiding analysis paralysis)
- You are a self-starter who thrives in results-driven environments
- Minimum BS/BA degree
It's great great but not required if you have:
- Experience in B2B cloud software marketing
- Related industry background and experience in IT service management, customer service, and/or agile software development is a plus
More about the team
The Product Marketing team is responsible for building and executing GTM strategy for all products across the Atlassian toolset. Serious collaboration will be the key to success for this role. We run our organization like a well-oiled agile team, where the top priority items are easily identifiable and everyone on the team rallies around those deliverables, and each other, on a regular basis. We are comprised of end-to-end marketing teams: field marketing, online marketing, interactive, product marketing, and data analysts.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.