Posted 12 months ago
Product Marketing Specialist
The Product Marketing Specialist will be responsible for developing – and then telling – a story to both internal and external audiences about a product that will drive awareness and demand for it. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization, and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help ensure that the sales organization has the knowledge and tools to convert leads into opportunities and closed business for that product.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support the product team in defining the market opportunity for a product
- Manage go-to-market strategy for launch planning from a marketing perspective, including product launches, key success metrics, marketing program tactics, etc.
- Map out the customer buying process for the product, including key personas that will participate in it and tools to accelerate and convert prospects throughout the process.
- Track relevant market and industry intelligence to develop buyer personas for all solutions and products, thought leadership topics, and solution/product positioning and messaging.
- Support the development of competitive battlecards for each product to help the sales team in positioning against like offerings from other organizations
- Collaborate with sales enablement and/or sales operations on a well-defined sales enablement plan
- Lead or assist in the creation of sales enablement content for direct and indirect sales resources (eg playbooks, scripts, product presentations, demos etc)
- Perform targeting/segmentation exercises, including any product research that is required
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years product marketing experience
- K-12 education market knowledge and experience welcomed
- Marketing experience (e.g. research, messaging, positioning, branding, creative development, campaign execution).
- Strong verbal and writing/presentation building skills
- Excellent organizational, project management skills and the ability to work under pressure with tight timelines