Posted about 2 months ago
ABOUT SNAP PROJECTIONS
Snap Projections is developing the financial planning platform of the future. By enabling nuanced financial planning calculations through a modern, intuitive, and powerful interface, Snap Projections equips advisors with a means to effortlessly implement both simple and complex financial plans, which can be easily adjusted in real-time during a face-to-face client engagement. This modern, transparent and customer-centric approach made available by Snap is disrupting the traditional approach to financial planning, making it efficient, collaborative and impactful. We are a quickly growing 10 person semi-remote team focused on developing solutions that matter, solving real problems and creating products our customers love.
Want to help people succeed and make a difference in the lives of Canadians? I’ve got a position for you.
THE BIG PROBLEM YOU’LL BE WORKING ON
At Snap Projections, we use a highly collaborative product development process. You’ll become part of a truly integrated team of designers, engineers and various stakeholders to define and deliver valuable new features and improvements for Snap Projections’s clients. We involve a heavy dose of analysis and design right from the very start of any feature work and this continues throughout development until release.
YOU’LL MAKE GREATER IMPACT IN 3 MONTHS THAN YOU DID IN 3 YEARS AT YOUR LAST JOB
Our project team works as a group along with key stakeholders to understand the requirements and develop solutions to determine the best way forward. The team members communicate regularly throughout the process on progress, roadblocks and issues and are able to adapt and quickly adjust as the situation changes.
We use Sprints and a Kanban board to create visibility across features, measure progress and eliminate the roadblocks. We constantly make small improvements to our process as the team finds better and more effective ways of doing our work.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Engaging with stakeholders to prioritize and manage their backlog.
- Applying problem solving frameworks (e.g. A3) with the team to develop solutions.
- Helping stakeholders define priorities through thorough analysis of their problems and working with them to define possible solutions.
- Managing the progress of work through our Sprints.
- Facilitating communication between stakeholders and team members ensuring everyone has a shared. understanding of the problem and the solution.
- Testing the solutions, measuring the process, identifying bottlenecks and improving the process to address them.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You previously worked in a product management role.
- You are extremely tech-savvy, with a high degree of technical competence around web and software in general.
- You’ve got a strong sense of UI/UX design principles.
- You interact well with a team, customers and executive stakeholders.
- You are an organized and tenacious problem solver.
- You have outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- You have a good understanding of the Canadian financial industry i.e. RRSP, TFSA, Tax (or are ready to learn at a blistering pace).
- Familiarity with Agile or Lean project management techniques is highly valued but not required.
- Accounting, financial planning or investment designations (CA/CPA, CFP, CIM) are highly valued but not required.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- This is a full-time position based remotely in Canada. If you are not based in Canada, please do NOT apply.
HOW TO APPLY TO BE OUR INSIDE PRODUCT OWNER
- Email your resume at email@example.com (no recruiters please).
- Put “Product Owner” in the subject line and nothing else.
- Tell me why you want to work at Snap Projections.
- Record a brief video (phone quality is fine) to tell me why you are excited about the position.
I hope we get a chance to work together.
Founder & CEO