Product Manager - Location: Remote, US or Canada
We're looking for a Technical Product Manager to join the product team at Zapier. We're on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Over 3 million professionals already use Zapier to save more time, but there are millions more to reach. Interested in helping design and build products that help the world automate their work so they can get back to living? Then read on…
This role is to be the glue that enables Zapier to achieve its goal of ubiquity by ensuring the top apps are available on Zapier and that the available use cases address users’ needs. You will organize, prioritize, and streamline the work of two engineering teams that focus on building and maintaining Zapier’s top integrations. This role will work in close partnership with both the Engineering and Partnerships teams to coordinate the work of identifying new integrations and impactful updates to existing integrations, scoping the projects, prioritizing them, and then coordinating the work in tandem with the Partner Manager and contributing technical expertise to plans with external partners. The position is ideal for someone who enjoys creating processes, collaborative, a natural cross-functional leader, and a strong written communicator who seeks a high-impact role in establishing Zapier’s footprint amongst the most widely-used SaaS apps.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
This isn't your first PM rodeo.
You have at least one year of technical product management experience, where you’ve managed either SaaS, enterprise, or consumer products.
API documentation is familiar territory for you.
You have experience with different methods of API authentication, and you’re experienced in putting together processes around API deprecation.
You communicate the vision for your team and then make it happen.
You know how to turn vision into goals, goals into a roadmap, and a roadmap into daily and weekly tasks for your team. You excel at keeping a cross-functional team of researchers, engineers, data analysts, and product marketers working effectively and efficiently.
You know how to get results.
Through collaboration with your team you routinely deliver meaningful results for the business. You share and celebrate and build momentum around positive results. You learn and course correct when you don’t get the results you want.
It’s second nature for you to build and define processes to organize multiple work streams along with leveraging tools to ensure maximum productivity.
You are a skilled written communicator.
Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You can use written communication to communicate your team’s vision, roadmap, and progress. You know the right tool for the job whether it’s managing the day-to-day cadence of projects or building cross-company momentum around a project.
You love doing things efficiently.
At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a startup, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. Here's where you'll spend most of your time:
- Build and maintain an integration roadmap, balancing the team’s resources between building new and maintaining existing integrations
- Apply prioritization skills when faced with ambiguous product scenarios
- Identify and document use cases for potential Zapier integrations
- Create and manage a unified system for prioritizing and backlogging work in tandem with the Partnerships Team
- Ensure projects are thoroughly scoped and detailed with clear acceptance criteria for engineers to carry forward with minimal context switching
- Manage kanban and sprint-style agile development across 14 developers split into two teams
- Ensure users have a clean transition from deprecated integrations to newer versions
- Communicate challenges/blockers with the Partnerships Team and liaison between the two groups
- Report progress on goals (OKRs) to the greater Zapier team
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best experience with Zapier as possible.
For the past seven years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: United States or Canada
If you want to work remote, that's great. If you want to work near others, that's cool too. Our team of 200+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.