Posted 5 months ago
As members of MuleSoft's Advisory Services team, Program Architects play a critical role in our Customers' success. They serve as strategic advisors, guides and leaders, working with our largest, most complex enterprise customers. Each Program Architect typically works alongside a customer CIO and/or IT leadership team to define, shape and implement a vision for digital transformation based on API-led connectivity, either within specific divisions or across the enterprise. The Program Architect's single mission is to deliver measurable value to the Customer, using our Catalyst methodology (formally known as OBD) as the foundation.
As a Program Architect you combine your own experience of IT and business transformation with MuleSoft's collective vision, points-of-view, product knowledge, and customer experience to build out an application network. You assess your customer's situation and, by forging a trusted relationship with the most senior IT leaders, agree the ways in which you can directly enable and contribute to their transformation. By focusing on the business enabling power of API-led connectivity, you influence many aspects of the customer's business and technology operations, including envisioning the future state, defining execution strategies, revising the IT operating model, planning, and leading key components of the change programme. When assigning you to a customer, your level of technology and integration experience is matched to the specific nature of the customer's need for advice and support. Your work will be instrumental in accelerating the pace at which real outcomes are delivered.
What You’ll Achieve
- Gain a deep understanding of MuleSoft's vision, points-of-view, value proposition, products and methods through your attendance at our KickStart programme and blended on-line and face-to-face training.
- Be enabled as a senior advisor to our customers through peer-to-peer sharing of experience, approaches and tools. You will contribute to our collective experience as part of this process, embedding you within the global network of Program Architects.
- Gain practical experience of MuleSoft's work with our customers by shadowing account and delivery teams, practicing the capabilities your have been learning.
- For the more technically oriented Program Architects, gain hands-on experience with the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform, allowing you to internalize the role our products play in realizing business outcomes. An understanding of at least one of the Salesforce clouds will also be provided.
- Start to develop and contribute subject matter expertise and advisory deliverables for our internal and external knowledge exchanges
- The building of strong, trusted relationships with customer IT leaders, demonstrating significant added value through the combination of your past experience and your proven understanding of the business and IT value of API-led connectivity.
- The building of equally strong, trusted relationships with MuleSoft's business leaders, positioning yourself as an executive-level advisor to their customers.
- A clear role for you within a customer's IT leadership team, advising, guiding and supporting them, taking action to convert your inputs into their outcomes.
- The delivery of tangible and visible improvements in the clarity and pace of change within the customer's IT operation and business.
- A high value contribution to a transformational program vision and roadmap, by advising the customer and their partners on their IT operating model, including API lifecycle, reuse strategies, and expanding organizational capabilities to support strategic business objectives.
For the more technically oriented Program Architects:
- The shaping and adoption of key cross-change-initiative practices that support the wide-spread delivery of an enterprise connectivity platform, for example: security, performance; development processes; and application governance.
- The creation of program level application and technical architecture documents which leverage MuleSoft best practices and effectively integrate MuleSoft into the customer’s infrastructure.
- Conducted capability, architecture and design reviews, while troubleshooting key customer implementation issues, and demonstrating the ability to drive to successful resolution.
- Document KPIs of platform benefits (eg API reuse) and business outcomes achieved within and across different customer teams.
- Successfully supported the review and pro-active correction of project/program direction, approach and key artifacts to keep programs on track and solutions extendable and maintainable going forward.
- Contributed to the growth of the wider MuleSoft Services Practice by identifying and leading internal strategic initiatives to grow the practice, leveraging junior teammates to achieve individual and team growth; serving as an active contributor to the practice knowledge and resource base; mentoring, educating, and enriching technical and non-technical MuleSoft customer and partner colleagues.
What you’ll need to be successful
- 10+ years of enterprise consulting or senior IT functional leadership experience, including implementation experience with one or more common integration or middleware solutions and/or API Management Solutions
- 5+ years experience as a leader within a digital transformation of a matrixed organization, potentially as an IT functional leader or as a senior architect or CTO.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with C-level stakeholders.
- Proven results leading and overseeing customer and/or partner success in the following domains: front-end and back-end solution architecture, enterprise architecture, development, and test/release management strategies, change management, and direct leadership in designing solutions that meet or exceed customer needs.
- A desire to continually study and learn new technologies, as well as be involved in projects that push the capabilities of existing technologies. Guiding customers and colleagues in rationalizing and deploying emerging technologies (eg Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, DevOps, etc) that drive increased business value.
- A willingness to apply your own experience for the benefit of your fellow Program Architects as well as for your customers. This willingness is matched by your enthusiasm for learning and growing your own knowledge from the experience of others.
- For more technically oriented Program Architects: Experience architecting and implementing with enterprise software solutions for CRM, ERP, e-Commerce, or mobile, using Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Oracle, Siebel, SAP, WorkDay, etc., while filling positions of increasing responsibility and the coaching and mentoring of more junior technical resources.
- Be a self-starter and ability to work independently and as part of a distributed team, and willingness to take ownership of situation and problems. Evangelize best practices at various levels within a large organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills a polished public speaker; able to effectively develop materials that are appropriate for the audience and defend the point of view.
- A willingness to travel to client sites (average up to 75%). We try to staff locally, but that’s not always possible.
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business, or in a related field.
- Local language skills
- For the more technically oriented Program Architects, it is highly beneficial to have any MuleSoft Anypoint Platform certifications prior to joining. It is expected that you will gain the following certifications as part of the role requirement and onboarding process in the first 3-6 months:
- MuleSoft Certified Developer - Integration and API Associate
- MuleSoft Certified Developer - Integration Professional
- MuleSoft Certified Platform Architect
- MuleSoft Certified Integration Architect
About MuleSoft, a Salesforce company
Our mission is to help organizations change and innovate faster by making it easy to connect the world’s applications, data, and devices. Companies like Spotify, McDonald’s, and Unilever rely on MuleSoft to stay agile, deliver faster, and make the most of their IT investment with API-led connectivity. Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we’re committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We work tirelessly to build this culture, and we’re proud to have been named the #1 Top Workplace in the Bay Area and a best place to work 6 years in a row.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.