Posted about 1 year ago
GitHub is looking for a Program Manager to join our world-class IT organization. This is a critical role and one that will have a large impact on the speed with which GitHub ships great products.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record in leading technical, cross-functional teams in the delivery of complex business systems within established cost, schedule, and performance goals. The ideal candidate will be well versed in agile/scrum based product development best practices. He/she will be able to develop detailed program plans/schedules and drive execution to plan.
She/he will partner with internal and external cross-functional teams in design, engineering and product management through the product development lifecycle while managing schedule, cost, scope and quality. She/he will report on schedule, identified risks, decisions and actions and use data to drive decision-making and process improvements.
- Drive complex initiatives from conception through successful completion by overseeing the development of an actionable roadmap and ensuring effective execution against the plans for all aspects of the initiative
- Create project plans and manage program to ensure high quality and alignment with stated goals
- Partner with functional leadership and business systems leads to manage and execute a portfolio of projects from concept to execution, in a measurable and repeatable manner
- Drive measurable and agreed-to business outcomes, championing an agile-like approach while effectively working cross functionally in a matrixed environment
- Infuse project and program management skills into the organization by mentoring others, sharing business process and best practices, as well as creating and maintaining tools
- 5+ years of successfully managing and delivering IT projects in cross-functional work environments
- 2+ years experience managing agile teams and agile practitioners
- Versed in Program Management best practices: team building, role/responsibility definition, risk management, work breakdown structures, project tracking, conflict management, etc.
- Versed in system and workflow optimization theory, as it relates to engineering organizations
- Proven experience leveraging agile/scrum to drive velocity and program execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate and drive results and accountability from local and remote teams
- Creative self-starter with an ability to devise solutions and drive consensus for complex problems with diverse, sometimes opposing, concerns
- Comfortable in rapid development cycles with aggressive goals.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:Collaboration:
We believe the best work is done together.
We believe in putting people first.
We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Where We Can HirePlease note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.