Posted about 1 year ago
Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world class curricula for grades PK-12, is seeking a Project Coordinator to join our dynamic, dedicated team. At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
The uncompromising curriculum from Great Minds assumes that every child is capable of greatness. We bring teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English Language Arts curriculum,Wit & Wisdom,Eureka Math, andPhD Science, all give school teachers what they need to take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences.
The Project Coordinator works closely with Project Managers and colleagues across multiple teams to organize ongoing projects for Eureka Maths Professional Development and Implementation Success teams.
- Working as the liaison between Professional Development Services and other teams within Great Minds to establish and document project timelines, tasks, resource needs, communication plans, and stakeholders.
- Creating and maintaining detailed workflow and project plans in Smartsheet.
- Preparing agendas and necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Scheduling and conducting pre-project launch meetings, ongoing project status meetings, and post-project debrief meetings, as appropriate.
- Serving as a liaison between all project teams to creatively manage and negotiate schedule adjustments as needed to achieve project goals.
- Determining and coordinating project change requests (e.g., assessing and adjusting the scope and/or timeline changes).
- Ensuring continuous communication around the project as required by the established communication plan.
- Planning for and reporting project metrics to document and evaluate the success of assigned projects.
- Creating, adapting, and/or curating GM documentation, checklists, and training related to specific projects or general project management.
- Verifying that correct templates and checklists are available and used or prepared for use prior to project launch.
- Managing SharePoint and Smartsheet groups permissions.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
A successful Project Coordinator at Great Minds can:
- Demonstrate personal accountability, urgency, and persistence in completing high-quality work products.
- Create a supportive and collaborative environment across departments when working together on a project.
- Manage activities for multiple small projects simultaneously without missing critical deadlines.
- Anticipate project roadblocks and develop creative solutions both within and across projects to meet goals.
- Incorporate latest project information, make quick decisions, and keep the appropriate management and project staff informed of rapidly occurring developments.
- Prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced publishing environment.
- Remain flexible during periods of rapid change.
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude under tight timelines and with multiple competing priorities.
- A university degree, ideally with a concentration in education, business, or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience coordinating cross-departmental projects and/or programs.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytic and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with project management principals and, ideally, Smartsheet or similar project management software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft SharePoint/Sites or other similar distributed storage and collaboration systems.
A resume and cover letter are required for consideration.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.