Do you live and breathe organization, assisting others, and systemization?
Do you want to join a team of heart centric A-Players who are working on growing a leading online academy within the crystal and healing community? If you are organized (to a fault), self-motivated, insanely efficient, and can meet a deadline without batting an eyelash, this may be the best day of your life.
Hibiscus Moon is looking for an efficient and proactive part-time Remote Project Manager Assistant to contribute and support the planning and execution of projects. The perfect candidate will be willing to operate under different company hats, have a wide range of experience, and be organized (almost to a fault).
The Project Manager Assistant's responsibilities include monitoring project progress, following up with stakeholders on the completion or delay of project phases, scheduling meetings, and maintaining project documents and reports.
To be successful as a Project Manager Assistant, you should be able to perform any tasks assigned by the Director of Operations in an efficient and timely manner. An outstanding Project Manager Assistant should be able to maintain oversight of all project activities, identify any issues, and ensure these are resolved promptly.
Responsibilities include interacting with company-wide departments on a daily basis to communicate project needs, supporting the team by providing necessary resources, and managing active task lists using our internal systems to assign projects and track progress.
Hibiscus Moon is on a mission to instill confidence in the crystal community by teaching the science behind how and why crystals work. We have students in 47 countries with over 1970 graduates from our online academy. With a robust curriculum and programs that dive deep into the science behind the healing powers of crystals, we support and engage with our large community across various market channels, continually growing to provide an inclusive, fun, and knowledgeable platform.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Providing project management assistance, acting as assistant to the Director of Operations
- Communicating with stakeholders regarding project needs and goals
- Contributing to the planning and development of projects
- Creating systems and processes and getting operational work done
- Managing tasks using TeamWork
- Utilizing internal communication tools to support team
- Managing SOPs, ensuring they are updated regularly and ongoing team activity is documented properly
- Attending weekly leadership meetings and monthly team meetings; prepare agendas, create follow up tasks
- Attending 2 meetings per week with the Director of Operations and CEO while ramping up to and during maternity leave coverage (Monday and Thursdays, 10am EST)
- Occasionally taking Zoom meetings on the company's behalf
- Completing any tasks assigned by the Director of Operations in an efficient and timely manner
- Administrative duties such as reporting, scheduling, and research
Who You’ll Be Working With:
- You will report to our Director of Operations
- You will be working closely with our entire team to coordinate and manage projects
What We Expect From You:
- Leverage your time management and organizational skills in order to take on full project management duties on smaller projects
- Ensuring all SOPs (standard operating procedures) are current and up to date at all times
- Ensuring all tasks (your own, and all tasks for which you are project managing) are completed on or before deadlines
- Your actions are always outcome-focused; you’re taking initiative and making things happen
We’d Love You To Apply If You Are/Have:
- At least 1 full year experience working in some capacity with online businesses/virtual teams and are comfortable working from home on your own
- Previous operations or project management experience
- Able to commit to attending the weekly meeting with the leadership team and the 2x weekly meeting with the CEO & Director of Operations
- Experience with TeamWork or other project management software preferred but not required
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, always following through. You have a system to manage your time and your priorities.
- Paying attention: Please be sure to include ‘PMA39’ in the subject of your email.
- A natural-born problem solver. You use your critical thinking skills to quickly identify any issues and fix them immediately.
- You love engaging with people and building a supportive community
- Flexible (and comfortable) in a fast-paced small biz virtual work environment
- Self-motivated and easily adaptable to changing work priorities
- Strong communicator with excellent computer skills
- Live and work from either US or Canada (preferably in the Eastern Time Zone)
- A believer in the pursuit of excellence. Not just crossing things off your list, but rising to the occasion and figuring out how to make something great
This position has high expectations. But if you’re the person we're looking for, you’re the type who gets motivated by high expectations.
Why Work With Us?
- Work with authentic, caring, and supportive people that are results-driven
- Flexible hours and no dress code - work from wherever you want!
- Be part of a successful company that values both business and people
- Be part of a business that helps people use the subtle energies of the universe to manifest the life of their dreams
Application deadline: March 9, 2020
This is an independent contractor role but with the view to create a long-term working relationship (based on performance & fit).
You’ll need to be regularly available across 4-5 days a week with a total of 10 hours per week and the flexibility to work additional hours during peak times of the year. This position will also cover for our Director of Operations during maternity leave (May 18-June 26), requiring up to 20 hours per week for 6 weeks. Because this role is highly supportive to our entire team, we ask that you have general availability during standard working hours, though actual times are flexible and you can set your own schedule (so long as you deliver on your commitments).
We are aiming for a start date as soon as possible.
Ready To Apply?
Please email your resume along with a video or
cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
(video preferred). Please include your hourly rate and the specific subject line code (we will not be reviewing incomplete applications). Be sure to tell us why you would be a great fit for this specific position and answer the following questions:
- In the past 1-2 years, where have you worked as a project manager or operations assistant? Please provide the name of the person or company, whether or not it was a virtual position, and what types of tasks you performed.
- What is your one superpower when it comes to managing people or teams?
- Do you have any formal or informal training as a project manager or operations assistant?