Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Services team is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join us in Delhi, India. In this role, you will actively manage projects to successful completion from initiation through delivery to closure. You'll coordinate, through meetings and progress measurement activities, cross-functional teams which bring distinct, specific projects to completion both on time and within budget. As a Senior Project Manager, you will work on problems of diverse scope, evaluate identifiable factors, and demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. You'll need to have full understanding of industry standard project management practices and the ability to interact with senior Red Hat's and customer management at all levels.
- Lead project planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting activities for Red Hat Services projects
- Control project requirements, scope, and change management issues
- Determine, monitor, and review all project economics to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risks
- Ensure adherence to legally binding requirements
- Facilitate development of recommended project control solutions to be used for planning, scheduling, and tracking projects through integration of various project management (PM) tools
- Work with management on project proposals, bids, contracts, estimates, and schedules and contribute to the project estimation process
- Plan, schedule, monitor, and report on activities related to the projects, including subcontractor monitoring
- Establish appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria
- Develop project control and reporting procedures and manage changes in the operational plan
- Undertake status review meetings among project team members and customers
- Integrate and use specific industry PM and technical delivery methodologies (e.g., PM methodologies based on PMI, Red Hat Services PM methodology, system and software development, product development, etc.)
- Assist in the training of the project team on application of appropriate procedures and support team members to accomplish project goals, meet established schedules, and resolve technical and operational issues
- Maintain awareness on emerging technologies and PM techniques
- 5+ years of experience working as a project manager managing IT-based projects
- PM certification like Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2
- Certified scrum master with demonstrated experience
- Record of successfully managing complex projects
- Experience establishing and contributing to process improvements
- Experience dealing with complex projects and multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, leadership skills, analytical ability, and business judgment
- Ability to work effectively across a widely diverse management team as well as a broad spectrum of internal partners
- Detail-oriented and able to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Healthy balance of business and technical background
- Ability to articulate the PM value proposition and serve as an ambassador for PM techniques and the Red Hat Services PM methodology
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.