Posted 11 months ago
This position is remote, based in the Washington DC metro area.
We are looking for Public Sector Area Sales Manager- SLED. As the ASM, you will lead a dynamic sales team and help GitLab surpass our growth goals. Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, you will be responsible for hiring, developing and leading a high-performing team of Strategic Account Leaders to meet and exceed sales goals. The right candidate is truly passionate about open source software and has a proven track record to talk about! This is an exciting opportunity to unequivocally influence GitLab's overall success and growth.
- Work closely with Director of Public Sector Sales to develop and execute Strategic Account Plans for key SLED accounts.
- Drives, manages and executes the business and revenue of the federal sales team; develops, coaches and trains sales staff
- Analyzes regional market dynamics in an effort to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Educates team on significant industry factors including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing
- Prepares forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans
- Establishes and reports on metrics to measure team performance; correct deficiencies where necessary
- Supports quotation and proposal efforts to partners, prospects and customers
- Ensures that the federal sales plan is aligned with and supports the Public Sector revenue goal
- Recruits, hires and trains staff members; fosters a successful and positive team environment
- At least five 5 years of sales management, selling software or hardware through a two tiered channel eco system including distribution, corporate resellers, and value added resellers (VARS) into Federal government
- Must be a high performing sales manager with a proven track record of consistently exceeding established measurements for goals and objectives into SLED
- Must be a skilled motivator with demonstrated ability to coach and develop sales staff to exceed targeted sales objectives and deliver high quality service to customers
- Must have a proven ability to manage both direct and indirect employees in a matrix organization
- Preferred candidates will have experience in business-to-business selling and managing using a consultative sales approach, and will have strong demonstrated partnering and closing skills
- Must have expertise around GSA, SLED procurement and the various buying vehicles to enable growth in software sales via our distribution partners
- Excellent management and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated knowledge of different sales methodologies and customer relationship management (CRM) systems: SFDC knowledge is desired
- Knowledge of open source enterprise software and/or version control is highly desirable
- Exceptional knowledge of SLED infrastructure and agencies
- 30 minute screening
- 45 minute interview with Director of Public Sector Sales
- 45 minute interview with Federal Inside Sales Manager
- 45 minute interview with Federal Area Sales Manager
- 45 minute interview with Federal Solutions Architect
- 45 minute interview with Regional Director
- 45 minute interview with Executive (optional)
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.