Posted about 1 year ago
Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is the hub of enterprise Jenkins and DevOps, providing companies with smarter solutions for accelerating the development and delivery of the software that fuels their business.
We've taken Jenkins – the most popular, trusted platform for automated software delivery in use by over 1,000,000 DevOps professionals around the world – and added enterprise-grade security, scalability, manageability and expert-level support. With CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise, our customers build, test and deploy business-critical software with confidence. By making the development and delivery process more productive, manageable and hassle-free, CloudBees puts companies on the fastest path to transforming their great ideas into great software, so it can start making an impact sooner.
What You'll Do
CloudBees is looking for a Solutions Architect Engineer in the Federal space to join the CloudBees sales organization. This role is key for our sales organization. The position involves working side-by-side with the sales team, uncovering and developing opportunities by articulating the technical options for potential customers. While this role requires technology depth and awareness, this is a sales-driven position. The role carries a quota and directly impacts the revenue of the company. The ideal candidate will have been involved in the continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps space with strong interpersonal skills. Prior technical sales positions and experience would be helpful.
This is an amazing opportunity for a sales engineer to become an expert in what's soon to become the future of software development, and to work closely with recognized experts in the continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps markets.
What The Role Requires
- Become an expert on all things related to Jenkins, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps
- Serve as a liaison between sales, support, engineering and the customer/prospect
- Field more advanced user questions to sales for possible upsell to annual/global deals
- Understand the company's products, competitors, value proposition and positioning
- Assist the sales team on calls and e-mail exchanges with prospects
- Maintain and develop FAQ fed by information from customers, prospects and the sales team
- When recurring questions are identified, writing technical content to increase the Knowledge Base and creating videos/webcasts and other content
- Work with the product team to identify product priorities discovered in field engagements
- Attend trade shows, when appropriate
- Deliver regular demos of the product (Google Hangout, webcast, etc.)
What You'll Get
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Hands-on experience with continuous integration and its real-world role in delivering software
- Familiarity with Jenkins or other CI products/services
- Understanding of agile development processes and how organizations adopt and implement those processes
- Familiarity with DevOps and toolchain associated with it, such as Jenkins, Chef, Puppet and other deployment automation technologies
- At least four years of software development background (Java preferred)
- Direct experience with application servers and development frameworks
- Familiarity with continuous integration (e.g., Jenkins), source code control systems (e.g., Git, SVN), build automation tools (Ant, Maven, Gradle, etc.)
- 50% travel
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
Location- this position is located in Washington DC area
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.