Posted 11 months ago
We don’t just collect data, we connect data. YouGov is an international data and analytics group with the ambition to become a unique part of the global internet infrastructure - like Google for search, Facebook for social, Amazon for retail, we want it to be YouGov for opinion. Our value chain is a virtuous circle consisting of a highly engaged online panel, innovative data collection methods and powerful analytics technology.
From the beginning we had one simple idea: the more people are able to participate in the decisions made by the institutions that serve them, the better those decisions will be. We are a global online community for millions of people, and thousands of organisations, to engage in a continuous conversation about their beliefs, behaviours and brands, and provide a more accurate portrait of what the world thinks.
Yougov is searching for a Remote Python Developer to collaborate building a modern and large-scale cloud-based analytics platform built for the web, entirely in Python.
What will I be doing?
* Working on the data transformation and transmitting the data, making assurances about the integrity of it
* Our data flows handle more than 30 million data points every week, you will be central on the delivery of that data to our analytics team
* Work primarily on backend, middleware and databases but everyone in the team regularly works on the full stack.
* Optimization on memory management and speed is crucial given the scale and speed we want to bring to our platforms and clients.
What do I need to bring with me?
* 4+ years’ experience of Python web-based development
* Experience using CherryPy, Flask or similar framework
* Basic understanding of MongoDB, Django & PostgreSQL
* Understanding of TDD methodology
* An interest in ETL
This is a full time, permanent remote role, which can be based in any worldwide YouGov Office or any remote location throughout the US or Europe. We are a global team with developers on US central and east coast, and European hours too. Our only requirement time-wise is to attend an online daily meeting to report on your assignments.