Posted 3 months ago
Quality Assurance Systems Analyst
Job Code: 745
# of Openings: 2
OCHIN is Growing! We are looking for a talented Quality Assurance Systems Analyst to join our team!
Who is OCHIN?
OCHIN is one of the nation’s largest and most successful Health Information Networks. Here, our goal is simple: to provide solutions that promote access to quality, affordable health care for all. Our Health IT solutions improve the integration and delivery of health care services across a wide variety of practices—with an emphasis on safety net clinics and small practices as well as critical access and rural hospitals.
Our corporate office is located in beautiful downtown Portland, Oregon. Working with us, you’ll find challenging projects, a collaborative team, and some of the best employee perks around, including public transportation reimbursement, an onsite gym, community volunteering activities, a generous PTO package, and a Dragon Boat Racing team! Recognized as one of the Top 100 Nonprofits to work for in Oregon. OCHIN is committed to creating a positive and enjoyable workplace for all its employees.
The Quality Assurance Systems Analyst supports the Change Control process and the QA of all new build being added to Epic. You will be working with a seasoned professional QA analyst within specific guidelines.
Outcomes for Success
The QA/Systems Analyst is responsible for:
- Implement test plans within current guidelines by analyzing project requirement documents. Review project documentation for all assigned projects to ensure that the project requirements are clearly defined.
- Prepare test plan documents and write test procedures
- Work with installation and development teams to define test cases
- Report defects and escalate issues as needed
- Work closely with development team to reproduce and debug issues.
- Assist in developing and maintaining medical insurance queries, membership loads, billing import/export, laboratory interfaces and other related health systems that will be interfacing to various laboratory, radiology, external clinical systems
- Will provide basic technical support to customers by handling systems related issues
- Complete QA by their deadline
- Documentation and publication of release notes
- Documentation of product sheet and product QA baselines
- Member demonstrations
- Attend project specific meetings
- Attend team meetings
- Identifies, documents, and communicate end user workflows affected by updates, changes, fixes and enhancements to the system
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1 year experience with manual testing including writing, using and developing test scripts
- Ability to learn to document testing materials including writing, using and developing test scripts
- Must be a system thinker and have the ability to work directly and collaboratively with analysts and build teams
- Results-oriented team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose can-do attitude inspires others
- Thrives in a changing environment and is excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Possess strong communication skills, enjoys working with customers and our members, and able to effectively execute
- Embraces the ideas of others.
- Focuses on the ownership of outcomes for all members and cross-functional teams while connecting all aspects of the business.
- Works with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner
- Prelude, Cadence, Resolute, MyChart, Referrals, Security and/or EpicCare proficient
- 4 years experience with manual testing including writing, using and developing test scripts.
- Familiar with LOINC, HL7 and X12
- This position will work remotely
Our company culture is important to us. Successful candidates will identify easily with a set of character attributes, as listed below:
A Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and have been told you have great customer service skills; you like people and want to help.
A Critical Thinker: You have a mind that regularly looks for ways to find efficiencies, innovate, and make improvements where you can.
Process Oriented: You’re able to understand, work in, create, and improve processes.
A Collaborator: You’re a team player and relationship builder whose “can-do” attitude inspires others.
Someone Who Seeks to Learn: You are eager to listen, study, and learn new things quickly; you are resourceful and are open to regularly accepting and growing from feedback.
Entrepreneurial: You have proven success working in a fast-paced and changing environment; you are excited to play in a space where you’re adding value to the organization and its mission.