Posted about 2 months ago
Delivery | National – Remote | Full Time
CodeScience, Inc. is a professional services firms that enables organizations to deploy enterprise business processes into the cloud. The firm’s core offering is designing and building products for Salesforce ISV partners. The company also provides a range of services to Salesforce customers and on other SaaS platforms.
Quality Engineers play a key role on our most important projects. They are involved in every phase of the agile process and are the leaders of ensuring what we build meets the client’s requirements and delivers value. Our QE’s see the big picture, and can plan on what we test, how we test it and what can and should be automated.
- You have developed and executed test plans for large and small projects
- You have helped define acceptance criteria during Agile grooming ceremonies
- You loathe cubicles and value flexibility and challenging work over the 9-to-5 beige office job
- You have a solid handle on various testing methodologies
- You love building things that solve client needs elegantly and balanced with long term maintainability
- You are highly motivated, highly intelligent, highly inquisitive and at least moderately funny.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create test plans and test case using test case management system
- Plan, design and enhance automation test frameworks
- Perform both manual and automation tests
- Validate code changes against existing test suites
- Investigate test and production failures, perform root-cause analysis and create detailed, high-quality error reports.
- Perform thorough test planning and write test cases that cover all areas. Identify missing test scenarios and refine existing automation.
- Investigate failures, perform root cause analysis and utilize internal defect tracking tool to create detailed, high quality error reports.
- Verify that fixes for defects and new features work as expected and do not cause regressions in affected areas.
- Work with cross-team product owners, developers and quality engineers to support QA processes.
- Be a vocal advocate of customer empathy and risk mitigation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or EE with at least 5+ years of experience
- 4+ years of experience in an engineering position (QA preferred)
- Good understanding of SQA methodologies
- 2+ years of experience with Java, C++ or other object oriented programming language required
- Exposure to test automation, i.e. Junit, Selenium, Webdriver or any other test automation framework that relies on OO languages
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology and working experience in Agile environment is strongly desired.
- Ability to adapt to short sprint cycles (2-4 weeks) and experienced in the full software lifecycles from design to deployment
- Great attention to detail and ability to identify, isolate and document defects in complex software features
- Experience in software deployments
- Excellent communication skills required
- Experience with performance testing is desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of Databases and SQL
- Agile/Iterative development experience
- Working knowledge in Salesforce is a plus