Posted 4 months ago
Regional Payroll Process Manager Americas
Results Anywhere eligible role (Home/Remote working available)
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.
A career at Brown-Forman is just like a good bottle of bourbon: unique and refined, with a bit of a kick. Making our products from barrel to bottle requires detailed planning along each step. Just like bourbon production, our employees work in many different aspects to create the best possible product. This way, our customers can enjoy the world-class brands we promise to deliver. Here’s the kicker – we, too, get to enjoy this process, just one of the sweet benefits of leading the market with the world’s favorite whiskey. Whether in the ground, in the store, or in the office, we hand pick all of our ingredients in order to be proud of what we achieve.
Location: We will consider all qualified candidates located in the United States. The selected candidate will reside in their current location and work from a home office OR have the option to relocate to Louisville, KY to work at B-F headquarters.
The Manager of Regional Payroll Services will be responsible for managing the processing, accounting, reporting, analysis, and system conguration for timely processing of regional payrolls. This position will be responsible for helping to establish strategy, policy and procedures working with other regional areas to ensure consistency and alignment across the globe. This position is responsible for the day-to-day execution of all payroll activities including accurate delivery of payroll, payroll taxes and all other supporting activities. The position will be responsible for continuous process and system improvements. This role will require managing an in-house payroll model (Workday) as well as an outsourced model for other locations.
The position manages and participates on other project teams consisting of various cross functional roles and regions. This role will also be responsible for driving change management within the payroll organization and across business units and stakeholders.
Key regional focus will be Americas US and LATAM regions (approx. 3500 employees). This position will oversee and help support other global regions for payroll operations as needed. Part of this role will include assisting with transition to a new global payroll model in the future.
- Supervise and lead team for operations and activities to execute payroll activities for specified region(s). Manages team for specified region up to 6-10 employees.
- Partner with all Human Resources, Legal, and other departments to ensure timely and accurate delivery of payroll.
- Provide payroll leadership for specified regions.
- Vendor Relationship with payroll and associated vendors
- Oversee process to ensure timely and accurate tax payment to government entities on behalf of employees.
- Partnership/linkage to global payroll regional leads to develop global payroll strategy, best practices and on-going continuous improvement activities.
- This position will oversee and help support other global regions for payroll operations as needed. Part of this role will include assisting with transition to a new global payroll model in future.
- Ensure all processing for payroll is completed on time with high level of accuracy. This may be in-house or via a 3rd party provider for approx. 5000 employees.
- Trouble shoot and resolve payroll issues as needed.
- Interface with 3rd parties as needed for payroll operation.
- Effectively manage and execute all aspects of multi-state employee payrolls for 2800+ employees and LATAM region (700+ employees) ensuring accuracy, compliance and outstanding service goals are consistently met.
- Ability to understand in-house payroll processes and execution for leading HR system (Workday).
- Oversee and work with 3rd party payroll provider and regional payroll leaders to ensure payroll is executed accurately and timely.
- Research discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation to ensure payroll accuracy
- Develop, mentor and supervise day-to-day work of payroll staff (6-10 employees) for Americas payroll.
- Provides direction for tasks, coordinating priorities and resources, and providing guidance on performance and development opportunities
- Review current procedures and partner with key business and regional payroll partners to recommend and implement process improvements and establish best practices
- Identify and resolve employee payroll issues.
- Develop and maintain documentation of key payroll related processes
- Knowledge of Workday and/or other global payroll systems and other payrolls systems.
- Provide support to ongoing integration projects of SAP ERP and Stock administration systems
- Prepare and review payroll journal entries, perform GL mapping, perform payroll related account analysis, record monthly accrual entries and reconcile payroll and benefit-related general ledger accounts on a timely basis
- Prepare and oversee preparation of a variety of payroll related documents (e.g. retirement plan contributions, payroll register, W-2, worker’s compensation, PTO, local tax) for the purposes of compliance, internal control and audit
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies and controls as well as compliance with external laws and regulatory guidance, including SOX
- Ensure statutory compliance in accordance to each country s requirements
- Support internal and external audits
- Prepare relevant reports and analysis for management
- Monitor tax notices, wage orders, and governmental correspondences; record and file tax payments and other payroll contributions and perform reconciliations in a timely manner
- Maintain/expand knowledge of existing and new payroll related legislation
- Participate in Workday system releases, as well as continued implementations and upgrades
- Serve as payroll lead on system projects including upgrades of payroll systems/integrations
- Ad hoc projects as required
Required Experience & Education:
- Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Experience: 8+ years of relevant work experience including 2-4 years of experience with payroll team management and hands on working with enterprise payroll systems (Workday, Success Factors, Peoplesoft, etc.).
Preferred Experience & Education:
- Education: Masters Degree
- Certifications: CPA
- Experience: Experience with international payroll and/or accounting.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Must have strong leadership characteristics with the ability to establish goals and objectively measure all against the attainment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop employees to achieve higher levels of contribution and success.
- Solid understanding of payroll taxes and taxable wages.
- Ability and desire to understand and positively interact with individuals of numerous cultures and backgrounds.
- Proven oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly discuss payroll related issues with employees throughout the organization, at all levels of the organization; and externally with third-party providers and governmental agencies.
- Detail-oriented and good strategic thinking ability.
- Ability to work with remote teams and maintain constant communication.
- Partner with other stakeholders to achieve process improvements and meet goals and deadlines
- The ability to provide candid feedback while, at all times, acting in a professional manner and with the company’s shared values.
- Forward thinking with excellent project management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP R/3 systems.
- Ability to effectively handle confidential information and material.
Salary Grade: TBD