PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN ENTRY-LEVEL POSITION - if you’re eager to start your career as a #remotewarrior and achieve some serious business development mastery in short order - backed by best-of-breed talent *and* tools - then this is the job for you.
Upstack is an exclusive network of the best remote developers in the world ready to extend your team and building amazing products. Some of our clients include MealPal, Unfold, Invision, JUUL, TaskRabbit and The Chive.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to be the face and voice of Upstack’s sales team. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers through various channels.
You’ll be using our various tools to source leads, craft, refine, and send email sequences, call out to prospects, and creatively source potential net-new business for Upstack; specifically, this entails RPG-style tactical activities - you’ll gear up and head out on a daily quest to talk to people, evangelize, and ultimately set meetings for our AE team, who will love you for it and send you thankful .gifs on Slack, incessantly.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present our company to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
- Report to the Business Development Manager on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- BSc degree from a 4 year university (preferably in Marketing, Business Administration) or experience in relevant field for at least a year
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Absolute hustler and has a “do whatever it takes” attitude
- Creative and thinks outside the box
- Eager to learn new software tools
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
You couldn’t be (potentially!) joining at a better time - Upstack is seeing tremendous interest in our services as shown by a healthy influx of excited, passionate customers that have real and pressing needs. To that end, the room for growth in this role is enormous - while you’ll be focused on daily tactical actions, we’re not seeking a sales-drone - we want you to not only have a say in the “how it gets done”, but a real preference for constant iteration and improvement.
We offer a base salary and commission based on performance. We’re happy to get into this in detail if we elect to conduct an interview - we strive for transparency on this front, and couple that transparency with clearly-set, consistent goals. Top-performing SDRs can expect above-market compensation for commensurate performance.
Also - we’re remote. There’s a substantial difference between “remote-tolerant” or “remote-friendly” companies vs. “remote-native” - we’re “remote-native” - we get remote culture, and want you to leverage the unique perks associated with that framework. We are a global team, but we prefer someone located in the U.S.
As big believers in work-life balance, our expectations of substantial output and awesome performance comes with an understanding that people need time to recharge; we have a healthy, as-needed time-off policy (which we can also expand upon in an interview!).
Finally - with great Growth comes great responsibility! As our Sales teams go forth and farm, we want to put that right back into the business, and will be rolling out some additional perks to sweeten the deal as things move forward.
How to Apply
If you want to get extra points, think about the content above and consider adapting your application process to make us say “wow, this person knows what it takes to get a response.”
Please note: we’re not currently accepting resumes from recruiters, staffing agencies, or third parties in general. (But, we love y’all anyway!)