Posted almost 2 years ago
(View All Jobs)
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, we're a completely online company with an ecosystem of sites and services to help people get creative. In September 2014, one of our sites, ThemeForest, was the 90th most visited website in the world and it remains among the most visited Australian-owned website on the planet! With more than 350 staff and contractors worldwide, we've helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $500 Million.
As a Revenue and Pricing Analyst at Envato, you will support senior management and the board by providing clear and reliable Revenue forecasts, based on a deep understanding of the commercial, pricing and competitive landscape. This is an exciting role that will allow us to better understand our trajectory across our products and shape our commercial strategy.
What you'll be doing:
JobAdvisor awarded us the title of Australia's Coolest Company for Women and Diversity (2015 and 2016). We were also named as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia in the 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 BRW Awards.
On Envato Market thousands of people earn a living selling things like WordPress themes, photos, music tracks and illustrations. With Envato Elements, we oversee one of the world's largest subscription services for digital creatives, providing hundreds of thousands of files for unlimited download for one flat fee. We offer website design and hosting with Envato Sites. On our education platform Tuts+, over 5 million people learn skills including code, illustration, photography, web design, and more, each month. We also run a freelance marketplace called Envato Studio. We've also just acquired Placeit, an awesome logo-builder and mockup tool, with a team based in Guadalajara, Mexico!
You might be surprised to know that not only do we run some of the biggest websites in the world, we're also growing really fast!
What we're looking for:
- Revenue modelling & forecasting
- Manage the reporting and long-term forecast consolidation processes for Envato businesses
- Working with the FP&A and Accounting teams to review month-end revenue numbers
- Price monitoring and analysis
- Business Case modelling for prioritising initiatives, including major milestones & success measures
- Prepare standard and ad hoc analysis in support of pricing decision-making work with Data Platform Developers to develop/maintain availability of pricing information
- Implementation of quarterly pricing reporting
- Manage and/or execute ad-hoc analytics requests
- MA Economics/Commerce or similar
- 5+ years professional experience in Pricing, Analytics, Revenue forecasting or similar
- Experience with business casing and financial modelling
What we offer
- Financial modelling and scenario analysis skills, with an expert understanding of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, in particular, understanding key financial and operating drivers of the business
- Experience with SQL and either R, Python, or MATLAB a plus
- Experience with Tableau is an advantage
- Solid Statistics background: generalised linear models, experimental design
- The ability to confidently present and defend your findings in front of a (senior) audience
- The ability to make sense of complex data and translate that data into meaningful analysis, as well as the ability to report, interpret, and summarise results
Who should apply?
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
- Competitive salary of up to $120,000 including super (flexible based on experience)
- Read more from our staff about why they love working at Envato by visiting www.jobadvisor.com.au/envato
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Please submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!