Posted 11 months ago
Ruby on Rails Developer
Hello prospective pickle! Design Pickle is currently looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to come improve jar…literally! It is Design Pickles mission to change lives through creativity and every role within the pickle jar is vital to the success of our clients and goals we set out to accomplish. If youre dill-ighted at the opportunity to grow with one of the coolest companies around, heres the run-down
A little about you:
- You have a love for Ruby on Rails and around 2 or more years of relevant, professional experience.
- You have a proven track record of getting things done, youre organized as hell and completely goal and project oriented.
- You’re confident in your abilities to handle high volume, consumer-facing websites. Even better if you have worked on subscription based sites.
- You excel working independently and as a member of a small team.
- You have a breadth of technical knowledge which you use to contribute to the direction of other professional environments and developmental processes.
- You have the ability to clearly communicate and identify areas of improvement and provide appropriate solutions.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to the development of Design Pickles internal and external applications
- Rapidly iterating as we push ahead with new development while maintaining and improving the current systems
- Writing, executing, and documenting tests
- Communicating with our sales, marketing, & accounts teams to listen to the pain points of customers, hear ideas for improvements, and consult & creatively problem solve to come up with the best solution
More info about Design Pickle:
- We are a friendly company. From the way that we treat each other as colleagues down to the way we interact with our clients daily. This is a place where everyone is valued, heard, and welcomed.
- We are service-oriented because we realize that our clients genuinely rely on our services every day to run their operations. One team with one goal.
- We ensure truth is at the base of every decision we make.
- We love smart working (but also hard working) because aint nobody got time for that.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Flexible work schedule
- 3 weeks of personal and vacation time
- Casual office environment if you are based in the Scottsdale-metro area. If not, the ability to work fully remote
- In-office gym
- New Macbook to get your work done
- Training- well subsidize 80% of professional development expenses up to $500/year. This includes travel, conference fees, workshops, and coaching
- Healthcare paid by Design Pickle. Health benefits include no deductible, no copay, chiropractics, and most regular and preventative care. Other health insurance options offered at a discounted rate for coverage beyond what we provide a pay for. This includes family plans and plans for ancillary coverage.
- Pet insurance
- New parent leave. We offer 6 weeks paid parental leave to be taken during your childs first 6 months with you
- Annual team retreat