Posted 12 months ago
We’re looking for a backend software engineer who cares about performance and building good, useful software to join our team. We’re based on Poole but we’re happy to have remote staff (in the UK) for this role. You’ll be part of a team of developers working on our range products, tools & open source work.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Writing, testing and deploying fast & elegant code (in Ruby).
- Architecting new applications, tools and libraries from the ground up.
- Working with third party APIs, services & integrations.
- Troubleshooting bugs and applying fixes when required.
You will need to:
- Have experience with Ruby (and, preferably Rails).
- Be familiar with MySQL as a database engine.
- Have experience and knowledge of working with web-based applications.
- Have a strong knowledge of object oriented programming and related design patterns.
- Have at least 3 years development experience.
- Have experience and a good knowledge of Git.
- Linux operating systems (specifically servers).
- Network programming and technologies.
- Knowledge and previous use of public APIs and existing open source software.
- Work on existing projects with modern codebases and start new projects for clients.
- No whiteboard interviews!
- A management team interested in helping you develop and grow your personal skill set.
- Flexible working hours.
- 28 days holiday per year.
- Comfortable and friendly working environment (if working from our office) or a contribution to put towards using your home as an office.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous contribution to our company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare insurance.
- Choose the tools you need to do the job.
- Regular company outings for lunch and other events (which all employees remote & local are welcome to attend - travel costs covered).
If you have links to any public code/repos that you’ve worked on, please send them over as we’d love to take a look.
We encourage applicants to take a look at our website and public GitHub profile for further information about the products & services that you might be working on.
Salary: based on experience
Location: Poole, Dorset or remote within the UK.
Start Date: ASAP
Position: Full time