Posted about 1 year ago
Behind every mission-critical Cloud service is a sophisticated SaaS architecture supporting the largest companies in the world, employing the most advanced software engineering. We are proud to support those services and team with customers who depend on them, continually innovating and challenging the status quo. Our team environment is progressive, flexible, professionally challenging, rewarding, and fun.
We are looking for experienced security engineers to join our efforts in reshaping the cloud services landscape across industry verticals to revolutionize the delivery of Cloud Services to the world's most critical organizations. The SaaS Cloud Security organization is responsible for securing enterprise-grade software services on behalf of our 25,000 customers, processing over 60 billion transactions per day.
We are building a team, of analysts and engineers in EMEA, that can work autonomously to carry out activities in the areas of detection and response to protect the Oracle SaaS environment. The team will be able to, collectively cover, the breadth and depth of: monitoring for Indicators of Compromise, being up to date with latest third-party Threat Intelligence, responding to identified incidents including attack remediation, evidence collection and forensics. The team will also support the continual improvement of processes and technology used for maximizing automation of detection and response for SaaS.
- Coordinate the CSIRT efforts across multiple business units during response
- Assist with the development of processes and procedures to improve security operations functions, incident response times, analysis of incidents, and overall SOC functions
- Create repeatable processes for continuous testing and monitoring of IOCs following a proven methodology you help define
- Develop scripts, processes and content to improve response capabilities
- Knowledge of the chain of custody process and properly securing evidence
- Research industry trends, identify ongoing security threats, analyze new security testing tools, and provide recommendations on the need and usefulness of services and/or products
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security solutions and technologies to issues
- Effectively communicate security concepts with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Provide information regarding intrusion events, security incidents, and other threat indications and warning information to teams and leadership as part of incident response
- Deliver self-service security metric data of discovery, triage and trending analysis of team findings
- Author post mortem reports to be provided to senior leadership following an intrusion or red team engagement
- Participate in Red/Blue team activities
- Provide on-call support, outside normal business hours, to deal with alerts in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Security, Management Information Systems, Risk Management or equivalent work experience acceptable
- 2-3+ years of related cybersecurity architecture, engineering, or SOC work experience (monitoring, incident response, forensics)
- Understanding of privilege escalation, persistence, and lateral movement techniques
- Understanding of host and network Incident Response processes, tasks, and tools
- Understanding of traditional and microservice Application security architectures e.g. OWASP top 10 web application security risks, database security, authentication schemes
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Knowledge of operational security tools and practices (e.g. IDS, firewalls, & 3rd-party security products)
- Ability to both work independently with minimal direction and to collaborate effectively with local and remote teams with a strong customer focus
- Experience working in a large cloud or Internet software company preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including presentation skills, are important to be successful in this role
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, as well as with external parties
You thrive on collaboration. You make the people around you better. You love to collaborate with peers, engineers, operations, product managers, executives, and designers and inspire them to do their best.
You are passionate and experienced as a security leader. You engage with your peers, the industry and experts to stay current on research, threats, and innovation to drive the right directions and strategies from a security infrastructure perspective.
You are customer focused. Our success is based on customer satisfaction (internal and external) and how we build customer empathy in our culture, in our execution and our results.
You make people successful. It is not about the "I", it is about the "team" and making your team and the organization successful. As leaders we focus on making our team members as productive and empowered as possible to ensure optimized execution and results.
You are open and transparent. We are a team: open, honest and share openly with ourselves and our customers to build trust.
You seek learning and feedback. You are self-critical, you proactively seek out feedback. We lead by example and share feedback and learnings in a safe and productive way that focuses on improvements, root cause analysis and never blame as the desired result.
You make things happen. You own and are accountable for delivering the execution to the overall strategy and missions of the organization.
And finally, you want to be part of creating dramatic and impactful change at a company that is committed to driving security innovation and world class engineering in the SaaS Cloud security space.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements:
Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs.
Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocols. Maintains security systems for routers and switches. Administers security policies to control access to systems. Maintains the company's firewall. Uses applicable encryption methods. Provides information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Prefer 8 years relevant experience and BA/BS degree.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).