Posted about 1 year ago
Job CategoryFinance and Operations
MuleSoft, a Salesforce company, is looking for a highly skilled Sales Compensation Strategy Manager or Sr Analyst to join our growing sales compensation team. This position will be responsible for managing, analyzing, and designing MuleSoft's compensation plans, quotas, and processes. This role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in sales compensation, finance, sales operations, strategic planning and is crucial to supporting the explosive growth of the MuleSoft sales teams. This role will work directly with sales leaders in performing standard and ad hoc analyses to design and assess the effectiveness of their sales compensation programs. As part of the Sales Compensation team, you will support the preparation of monthly and quarterly executive dashboards on key performance, pay, and commission cost drivers. The candidate should be familiar with how software companies go-to-market, in order to align incentives with the responsibilities of different roles (e.g. sales development reps, account executives, industry specialists, sales overlays organizations, customer success, etc.). The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a dynamic, data-driven environment, and demonstrate a natural curiosity when "digging" into the numbers.
Responsibilities range from strategic (developing compensation recommendations based on business objectives, building consensus among leaders) to operational (ensuring metrics can be tracked and compensation systems updated so employees are paid accurately and on time).
- Develop and deliver monthly/quarterly dashboards and reports to sales leadership and sales strategy on key performance and commission earnings trends
- Build and/or maintain variety of models to track/forecast program costs and determine potential break-even and/or ROI. Report to finance on commission cost trends and drivers
- Participate in the annual commission plan and quota design cycle, performing analyses to inform potential plan improvements, design, and quota changes: working with executive leaders to understand strategic business objectives, assessing the success of current incentives, proposing new incentive designs, securing final decisions and approvals, and communicating new incentives to leaders and employees
- Communicate with field and relevant stakeholders on policy and program changes in a compelling and effective manner
- Assist in the development of commission plan training materials and building earnings estimators
- Respond to plan design exception requests from regional leadership
- Project managing deployment solutions across internal and external business partners, from documentation of final plan designs through deployment
- Be a trusted advisor to the sales organization and recommend solutions to compensation and performance related issues
- 6+ years of analytical experience in sales ops, business ops, strategic planning, finance, or related fields
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, economics, sciences or other quantitative fields
- Ability to independently address analytical requests: understand the core question being asked, gather needed data, build model and validate assumptions, perform analyses, summarize, and present results in a compelling manner
- Knowledge of incentive plan structures (quotas, accelerators, pay mix, and on-target earnings)
- Superb Excel skills: model building, use of advanced formulas and arrays, pivot tables, data manipulation, VBA
- Solid knowledge of queries and data/reporting tools including SQL, Business Objects, Microsoft Access, etc.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization to solve problems.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com and CallidusCloud a plus
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.