Posted 12 months ago
Sales Development Representative
- Remote (US & Canada)
- $40,000.00 – $120,000.00/year
Do you have what it takes to be PadPiper Employee #1? We’re straight out of Y Combinator, just closed our first round of fundraising, and are hiring our first employees.
PadPiper helps renters live happier. PadPiper is a marketplace where thousands of renters from 40+ countries find places to live, people to live with, and activities nearby. We’re constantly improving, growing, and living the startup life. This year, we’ve processed over $1.2 million in rent payments, and we release product updates every week.
The number one ask we receive from renters is for more listings on PadPiper. You will change this. PadPiper is seeking a Sales Development Representative to grow the number of hosts and listings on PadPiper.
As our first Sales Development Representative, you are the first point of contact for all of PadPiper’s host sales efforts. This role will entail high volume calls to hosts, with the flexibility to expand into your preferred area of interest, including an account executive role with our employer partners. You’ll generate demand, interest, and excitement for PadPiper’s product. You’ll actively contribute to our revenue while learning the ropes of a growth-stage startup and the ins-and-outs of sales.
- Grow the number of hosts and listings on PadPiper. This can involve calling individual hosts, property managers, property management companies, hotels, and more.
- Onboard new hosts and walk them through product features.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and share with appropriate channels.
- Document product issues and share findings with appropriate channels.
- Help scale the business through innovative thinking and excellent execution.
- Collaborate with the PadPiper founders by providing valuable insights gained from interactions.
- 2+ years experience in a phone sales role with high-volume calls OR a driven, eager-to-learn person who thrives in fast-paced, constantly-changing environments.
- Property management or hosting experience (preferred).
- The ability to proactively engage new customers through email and phone.
- A human sales approach — every conversation is different.
- The skills to passionately and clearly articulate the values/benefits of PadPiper.
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover issues with a host’s current tenant acquisition and property management process.
- A team-player attitude with a strong desire to help improve internal processes beyond your day-to-day tasks.
- A desire to learn, grow, and work in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup.