Posted about 1 year ago
Job DescriptionAbout Toptal
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you’ll be working with Enterprise Account Executives (ESE) and Client Partners (CP) to hunt new target accounts and expand existing accounts in order to uncover new opportunities. Toptal Enterprise is in hyper-growth mode, so you’ll be instrumental in supporting our Enterprise Sales team’s efforts to bring on new clients while learning the fundamental skills necessary to become a successful sales executive in the future. You will become an expert in researching potential customers, contacting them, deliver compelling reasons to meet with our Enterprise Sales team, and learn firsthand how your efforts lead to opportunities for the company.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the world. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
You will prospect, educate, qualify, and develop sales-ready leads and opportunities from lead-generation activities and outbound cold-calling into targeted accounts. You’ll Interact with prospects via phone and email to explain Toptal’s vision, identify opportunities, and generate interest.
You’ll disseminate opportunities to appropriate sales executives, educating reps as necessary about the opportunity, and recommending appropriate follow-up action items. You’ll educate customers on the future of work and enthusiastically represent Toptal’s solutions to prospects.
As you become more comfortable in the role, you’ll help evolve our demand generation strategy and tactics.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our value proposition, and our story.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand how you can leverage our incredible global team to build client relationships and drive success.
- Learn the breadth of Toptal’s impact on the world’s largest companies.
- Learn the importance of the SDR function to the success of Toptal.
- Learn our sales method and our selling process to set you up for success.
In the first month you will:
- Set MBOs with your manager & determine your ideal career path at Toptal (whether sales executive, marketing, or other).
- Complete our personalized sales training program, complete with mock calls, cold calls, and role-play scenarios.
- Learn how to use Saleforce.com CRM, as well as other SaaS outreach tools (Outreach, DiscoverOrg, SalesNavigator).
- Be integrated into your pod and partnered with Enterprise Sales Executives and Client Partners per management’s directive and be ready to start targeting strategic accounts.
- Learn the process for outreach, including calling, emailing and LinkedIn messaging.
- Implement an outreach process and hit 1-month objectives.
- Learn how to analyze industry drivers, business problems and target buyers.
In the first three months you will:
- Become fully ramped into the SDR team.
- Uncover new opportunities with existing accounts and target accounts that result in revenue-generating engagements for Toptal.
- Hit call/email quotas and fully ramped objectives.
- Become proficient in using our SaaS tools.
- Learn how to maintain excellent data integrity in Salesforce.com.
In the first six months you will:
- Continuously hit fully ramped quotas and objectives.
- Assist with training and onboarding new SDRs.
- Build new and existing client relationships, expand Toptal’s partnership with new and existing. accounts, and continue to execute your account plans.
- Suggest, implement and experiment with new lead and demand generation activities.
In the first year you will:
- Have built a portfolio of net new accounts from strategic account list.
- Become a mentor to new members of the team, helping them learn about Toptal, our model, and how proper sales development practices can improve relationships and increase revenue.
- Continue to expand your portfolio of accounts, accelerate growth in existing accounts, and leverage the full suite of capabilities Toptal has to offer.
- Hit 100% of your target monthly KPIs and be promoted to Senior.
- Set MBOs with the manager for promotion to a closing role.
- Knowledgeable. Broad understanding of business challenges encountered by enterprise clients.
- Critical thinking. The ability to critically think through the challenges your clients face to create new opportunities.
- Perseverance. The ability to be relentless and push towards your goal.
- Passion. A sense of enthusiasm and ambition to succeed in this role, as it can be difficult if you hate rejection.
- Curiosity. A desire to understand people, their problems, their companies and industries.
- Conscientiousness. What we’re doing is not a simple SaaS sale, but discussions may get technical. The ability to understand complex issues and explain them to clients are important
- Motivated. You must be highly motivated and continuously strive for personal and professional improvement.
- Resourceful. You should think about your target accounts as your own business - we want self-starters who are passionate about hunting for new accounts, and who thrive on the freedom and accountability of leading their portion of the business.
- Proactive. You must be able to understand our mission and do the work required to drive us to that goal, through following a process and also being creative.
- Communication. Communication is the lifeblood of your relationships both internal and external to Toptal. You need to reflect excellent communication in all forms, across a wide variety of personality types, roles, and geographies.
- Team. Nothing we do is done in isolation. Your success depends on your ability to work as a team both within Toptal and within your client accounts.
- Ownership. You need to exhibit ownership of your accounts, your successes, and your failures.
- Problem Solver. We are a distributed company so life throws in minor challenges beyond the primary problems your role is meant to solve. You need the ability to take those in stride and persist despite setbacks.
- Priorities. The nature of this role requires that you understand the priorities and timelines associated with each of your accounts and to execute appropriately with those in mind.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.