Posted about 1 year ago
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Public Sector Sales Development Representative Job Description
Seeking high-energy, driven professionals with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude and natural sales instincts to join the Salesforce Public Sector Sales Development organization. Ideal candidates are eager to help customers find the right solution to fit their needs and demonstrate their ability to be tenacious, self-starters every day. Salesforce.com offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the training, resources, and outstanding leadership to sell business application solutions and advance in your sales career.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will support all government verticals: Federal, state & local, Aerospace and Department of Defense. You will leverage the Field Marketing team's demand generation efforts by responding to and qualifying inbound leads. Metrics of success are measured on a monthly quota of qualified sourced opportunities and closed business, meaning you will have the opportunity to continuously challenge the status quo. Sales Development Representatives are the frontline sales team, and can directly impact the marketing strategy and targeted engagements based on conversations with customers.
What You'll Do
- Create a great first impression for prospects and customers by providing them with a world-class experience
- Qualify leads ranging from inbound calls, chats, website downloads, content syndication from third party websites, and webinars
- Use the world's #1 CRM to organize lead data and qualification notes
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in Salesforce.com Products
What's In It For You
- Build a solid foundation of Government sales knowledge
- Develop strategic partnerships with experienced Account Executives across all lines of business to help generate new pipeline
- Work hands-on with Salesforce products and expand your technical skillset
- Generous Base Salary plus Commission
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 3 Weeks Vacation plus Holidays
- 6 Paid Days of Volunteer time
- Medical/Dental coverage
- Gym/Yoga/Wellness Reimbursement
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University is strongly preferred
- 1-2 Years of corporate experience, outside of undergraduate graduation
- Strong desire to be in technology sales
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-Starter, high energy and positive attitude
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Prior inside sales experience, software sales in particular
- Public sector knowledge
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.