is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses.
We know sales tax isn't fun for anyone, so we're determined to ease the burden with an exceptional customer experience. To achieve this, we provide the same incredible quality of life for our team members as we do for our customers by creating a professional, unique, award-winning
place to work. We have many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and everything we do is guided by our core values:
- We do the right thing for our customers
- We're a team, built on trust
- We're proud to be remote
- We're in control of our own destiny
We’re a happy team
and we all really love what we do. We’re fast-growing, fully-distributed, talented, and driven. We live all across the US, working from our homes, local libraries, co-working spaces, airstreams - pretty much anywhere we can and do accomplish great work. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably, and we believe a diverse team can create better solutions for our customers.
’s remote-only team of 160+ people is growing fast. We’re currently looking for a Sales Engineer who wants to make a difference on a growing, experienced team of people committed to remote life, trust and transparency.
We’re looking for a Sales Engineer who loves learning, solving problems, and playing a major role in supporting our customer’s decision process. You will be responsible for partnering with our Account Executives by providing technical and functional support, advocating for customer interests to relevant internal teams, and assisting with ongoing training of the sales teams.
We are looking for someone who is fanatical about helping businesses succeed while working across other functions of the organization to ensure an exceptional customer experience and drive revenue. Ensuring the happiness of our customers is everything to us. The right candidate will be someone who enjoys speaking with people, has great organizational and communication skills, can learn quickly and is a team player who can work well with sales, product and customer success.
*This is a full-time remote position based in the US only.
As a Sales Engineer you will:
- Support our Account Executives and Account Managers in their sales engagements with our customers by providing technical and functional support
- Support the Account Executives and Account Managers by taking a consultative role in the customers’ evaluation processes, including answering all technical or integration questions, identifying potential issues or gaps, and managing escalations to our Customer Success and Product Teams
- Communicate the value of TaxJar through online product demonstrations
- Collaborate with Account Executives and Account Managers to support our customer’s decision process presale
- Assist with the handoff of customers to our Onboarding Team
- Aggregate feedback from customer meetings and be able to convey that to our Product Team
- Work as an extension of marketing by promoting product knowledge by writing blogs, participating in demo-inspired webinars when needed
- Assist with building and rolling out ongoing training for our SDRs, Account Executives and Account Managers
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in SaaS sales working with customers in one of the following roles: technical pre-sales, sales engineer, functional / technical consultant
- Ability to examine, interpret, and articulate information to audiences of varying technical and functional experience
- A deep understanding of mid-market/enterprise order-to-cash processes and business context
- Experience presenting demo environments for customers at all levels and roles such as development, finance/accounting, ecommerce and C level executives
- Experience working with ERP systems such as Netsuite, Acumatica or MS Navision a plus.
- Rapid learner with ability to work in a fast paced, high growth environment and be a team player
- Highly-skilled in written and verbal communications (chat, video, email, etc)
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com applications preferred
- BS/BA degree
You’ll be a great fit for TaxJar if you:
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Love learning
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation
- Company holidays, plus mandatory Birthday holiday
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all employees
- 4 hours volunteer time per month
- Biannual all-company in person summits (paid for by us, of course!)
- $250 Home office stipend
- 401k Plan
- Equity in a profitable company
- Monthly perks reimbursement ($100 a month to appreciate your teammates, Netflix, Amazon Prime, gym membership, home internet etc.)
for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.