Posted about 1 year ago
Job DetailsJob Title:
Sales Leadership, Retail & Consumer Goods
Our headcount demand is always changing as we grow; some of the locations listed here may or may have an immediate opening at the time of your application.
Our Retail & Consumer Goods (RCG) team sells into fashion and retailers, luxury goods, and consumer goods companies. The RCG team is responsible for selling our Customer Success Platform (#1 B2B and B2C platform) and our full solution set including Marketing, Commerce, Service, Communities, Sales and Collaboration which are all built on the Salesforce Platform.
Within our RCG vertical, we have two distinct business units: Commercial & Enterprise. Within each business unit, there are various selling segments:
Commercial Business Unit:
Small Business (1 - 45 employees)
Growth Business (46 - 200 employees)
Mid Commercial (201 - 1000 employees)
General Commercial (1001 - 4500 employees)
Enterprise Business Unit:
Enterprise Corporate Sales (growing and managing subsidiaries within the Enterprise Parent accounts)
Select (4501 - 10000 employees)
Key (10001+ employees)
Strategic, Strategic Enterprise, Summit (Named Accounts)
First Line Sales Leaders in our organization are Supervisors, Managers, Senior Managers, Regional Sales Directors or Regional Vice Presidents.
As a Sales Leader you will be managing and developing a team of Account Executives. You will participate and lead in client and prospect meetings as well as work cross-functionally with stakeholders and corporate resources as required. You will be responsible for ongoing mentoring and development of the sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and training new team members on sales process. In this role you will report on sales activity and forecast to senior sales management.
The teams you lead here at Salesforce will directly impact the growth of our overall organization. You will be masterful in client engagement and impact how your customers do business in an ever-changing environment. You will coach your team to develop in their careers, and inspire your team to do the best work of their life.
- Provide support and guidance to direct reports by participating and leading in client and prospect meetings or engaging other corporate resources as required
- Development of a winning team, including recruiting, hiring and training
- Coaching direct reports on strategies to drive sales wins
- Accurate reporting on sales activity and forecasting to senior sales management
- Consistent monitoring of the sales activity of the team, and tracking of results
- Actively leading and monitoring demand generation activities
- Leading initiatives to drive customer awareness and engagement
- Develop and execute successful sales campaigns
- Engaging at C-level in enterprise customer organizations
- Capable of successfully managing significant client escalations and issues
- Develop required Corporate relationships and Executive engagement to support success
Depending on the segment, the years of experience and skillset needed to be successful will vary from 2+ yrs of sales leadership experience managing a team of seven or more quota carrying sales people. In addition, a bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
Across all Sales Leaders, we are looking for the following attributes:
- Proven successful experience in leading Account Executives
- Proven ability to create high performing teams and lead them to success
- Excellent presentation and executive engagement skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A self-starter that can thrive in a fast paced environment
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Experience in sales coaching and mentoring
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Has a strong drive for results
- Strong engagement and communication skills
- Consultative selling experience
- Can collaborate and influence in a "win as a team" environment
- Is a trusted advisor to the customers and colleagues
- Strong business acumen
- Prior experience working within the Software/Infrastructure/Platform (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) space
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" seven years in a row and #1 on the FORTUNE '100 Best Companies to Work For(R)' List. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Posting Statement
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.