Posted 10 months ago
GitHub helps companies, organizations, and groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for a Manager of Data and Analytics within the Sales and Customer Operations organizations to help lead a data driven approach to our business functions. This role will require a strong background in sales and support analytics, customer data management, and project management skills. In additional to exceptional technical prowess, a candidate for this role must exhibit extraordinary attention to detail and have the drive for continual team development.
As we continue to grow and scale, this role will work closely with multiple teams across the organization. As a key organizer of our sales and support data and metrics, Finance, Marketing, and Product will depend on the delivery of our insight. This role will also pair closely with our Data Science and Data Engineering departments to develop strategies around actionable data within our data warehouse and approach to business intelligence tools.
GitHub is an exciting place to work and you'll be an important contributor and join a tight-knit environment of technical and business-minded individuals.
This position will be based in our San Francisco HQ Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with GitHub's Sales, Finance, Marketing, and Product teams to optimize how we define, capture, analyze, and report business data.
- Partner with Business Systems and Data Engineering teams to ensure the utmost data availability and quality.
- Work with Product, Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Deal Desk to analyze customers' buying behaviors to help shape policy.
- Turn ambiguous business needs and goals into tactical team initiatives.
- Manage and prioritize work distribution across the team.
- Foster a supportive environment that will allow team members to do their best work, and grow both professionally and technically.
- Provide thought leadership around optimized data structures and metric development as our product offerings evolve.
- Rationalize the union of critical business data across multiple sources.
- Support business data impact of the introduction of new tools.
- Empower the team through guidance on effective approaches to data visualization.
- Continue to grow the team as a hiring manager as the organization scales over time.
- 4+ years experience managing an analytics and sales data operation team.
- Effective written, visual, and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in SQL (mysql, postgres, hive, presto), with familiarity of Python.
- Experience managing Business Intelligence tools (Looker preferred).
- Experience managing sales data and reporting in Salesforce.
- Experience managing sales data and reporting in Zendesk.
- Strong leadership and self-direction skills.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and capabilities.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Ability to manage and deliver to a diverse set of data hungry stakeholders.
- Demonstrates problem solving, decision-making, and process-improvement skills.
- Experience articulating business questions and using analytical techniques to arrive at an answer using data.
- Experience with competitive analysis, and communicating to a diverse audience of stakeholders.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world's most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:Collaboration:
We believe the best work is done together.
We believe in putting people first.
We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Where We Can HirePlease note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.