Posted about 1 year ago
Sonatype is rapidly growing and is expanding our sales team to support demand. The Inside Sales Representative is an individual contributor selling role whose primary responsibility is to identify new sales opportunities and sell Sonatype Nexus software products to customers and prospects. This position is based in our Tysons Corner office.
- Identify, progress and close new sales opportunities for Sonatypes Nexus Repository, Nexus Firewall, Nexus Lifecycle, and Nexus Auditor products
- Effectively communicate Sonatypes unique value proposition to increase sales and expand existing customers usage through upsell and cross-selling activity
- Meet monthly and quarterly pipeline, forecast, and revenue goals
- Maintain accurate sales opportunity forecasts
- Drive lead generation through target account selling, outbound cold calling, and calling on marketing-generated and inbound leads
- Communicate actively with the Sonatype field marketing team on lead generation activities, including campaign development & feedback on the effectiveness of marketing promotion & events
- Maintain current and accurate activity & chatter for sales opportunities within Sonatypes CRM system (Salesforce.com)
- Actively work with and lead as a team member with pre-sales engineers and field marketing representatives to build a pipeline and close business
Requirements for the position
- Minimum of 3 years of on-quota inside sales performance selling enterprise software
- History of selling license/subscription software to mid-market accounts
- Requires a four-year university/degree with a strong academic record
- Ability to express complex technical and functional concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a technical audience and at a C-level
- Passion for selling and a high level of integrityformal sales training a plus
- Self-starter & hardworking, with a track record of success and drive for achievement
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com for sales activity recording and forecastingfluency with LinkedIn, SalesLoft, and other prospecting tools
- A basic understanding of software development, DevOps and application security is preferred
- Background in US Public Sector/Federal Market Space
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
We are 300 employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: were passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. Were one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. Were backed by world class investors including TPG, Goldman Sachs, Accel Partners, and HWVP. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know