Posted about 1 year ago
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
To support our continued growth, we're looking for a Senior Analyst / Manager to partner with our WW Services team. In this highly collaborative role you will build a strong business partnership with the global professional services team to help scale their consulting and training business. This partnership will require you to analyze and deeply understand the fundamentals around why/how we provide consulting and training services. You will be heavily relied on for your analytical skills, attention to detail, efficiency, and enthusiasm.
You thrive in navigating ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a regional view, are data-driven and have a passion for optimizing process and structure. You balance critical, long-term thinking about how we scale the business with hands-on delivery to ensure what needs to happen today gets done. You love rolling up your sleeves and digging into the data to provide actionable insights. We're seeking people with strong analytical and process skills, comfortable engaging with senior leadership, effective at collaborating with multiple teams and building positive relationships with business partners.What you will be doing:
What you bring along:
- Responsible for providing strategic, operational, and tactical support to the professional services team
- Own all related critical metrics (e.g. bookings, consulting utilization, training courses booked, training course popularity, forecasting, etc.)
- Drive and support semi-annual GTM planning, which includes headcount allocation, services attach rates analysis, and a training heat map
- Build out and maintain a comprehensive services model to measure the training capacity / attendance across the different geos/regions
- Partner with Marketing to understand the top of funnel lead flow in major cities and subsequently develop growth plans for new geographies and market segments
- Drive strategic initiatives to support the fast paced growth of the business
- Help lead, prepare, and organize regional quarterly business reviews. This includes building templates, crafting the agenda, scheduling attendees, and capturing all metrics / performing all analyses needed for attendees to present their assessment of their business
- Provide insight and data points to assist with headcount decisions and placement
- Work with the sales strategy team to develop and maintain forecast models and pricing models
- BS/BA required, MBA a strong plus, but not required.
- 5+ years work experience in Professional Services, Sales Operations, Strategy, Services FP&A, Management Consulting, or similar field with a strong exposure to the services business
- Proven ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft recommendations and results into easily digestible messages, communications, and executive presentations.
- Very strong executive presence and engagement skills.
- Highly collaborative style with strong influence skills and the ability to adjust on the fly to new demands with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Experience with the Salesforce.com platform and related cloud or web based technologies.
- Power user proficiency with MS Office suite (especially MS Excel and MS Powerpoint). SQL or R experience a strong plus, but not required.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.