Posted about 1 year ago
Sales Tax Filing Contractor
Location: Available 100% Remote
TaxValet is looking for multiple Sales Tax Filing Contractors to submit sales tax returns to state governments accurately and on-time. This opportunity will be available on an ongoing basis and could lead to a full-time role with TaxValet.
Responsibilities + Tasks
You will be assigned a set list of clients to submit sales tax returns for with all the calculations done for you. Our team works remotely and generally everyone is online from 8AM – 1PM PST to answer questions. You have flexibility for when you can work, however we want everyone online at a minimum from 10AM – 1PM PST so that if you have questions they can get answered quickly.
- Submitting sales tax returns to local governments (calculations will be provided for you)
- Saving copies of returns and payment confirmations
- Tracking and communicating your progress so the team is kept up-to-date
Time Commitment + Expectations
- Based on how long it typically takes to submit sales tax returns, you can expect to work approximately 15-25 hours/week for a 2 week period each month.
- We are specifically looking for help with the Q2 return deadline in July, however this opportunity could become a regular monthly contract depending on your availability, interest, and performance.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Experience with submitting sales tax returns
- MUST BE AVAILABLE ONLINE DAILY FROM 10AM – 1PM PST (1PM – 4PM EST)
- You are looking for something long-term and part-time
- You are enjoy repetitive work, and have stellar attention to detail
- Experience working remotely (have a camera, microphone, headset, etc.)
- Able to pass a background check