Posted 12 months ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Red Hat’ Sales team is looking for an SAP Ecosystem Director to join us in North America or Germany. In this role, you will report to the Red Hat Global Head of SAP Business and you’ll be an integral part of the Red Hat Alliance team. You’ll focus on building both an internal and a jointly agreed-upon partner channel plan, working with your counterpart at SAP and the partners. Your work on the channel and ecosystem will encompass S4 and SAP HANA hardware partners, shared resellers who work with Red Hat and these hardware companies, value-added resellers (VARs), public and specialty cloud providers, complementary software offerings from independent software vendors (ISVs), as well as global and regional system integrators (SIs). You’ll need to have a broad knowledge of developing and rolling out excellent programs in the IT partner ecosystem. You’ll also need to have the business insight to understand the needs of Red Hat’s sales, marketing, and technical associates and synthesize them into a repeatable program for Red Hat’s global ecosystem partners. As an SAP Ecosystem Director, you will establish relationships and coordinate with various Red Hat’s business teams and assigned partner organizations, including the Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Alliances teams. Successful applicants must reside in a country or state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
- Develop and manage all relevant programs and activities and offerings; work in a complementary fashion and in cooperation with the Red Hat and SAP product business teams, other program managers, marketing managers, and technical leads
- Work with the extended partner alliances team across geographical regions to coordinate strategic activities and be part of the virtual alliance team
- Establish training and sales enablement plans and activities like sales aids, key plays, etc., as the program requires
- Make proposals for and manage a market development funds (MDF) budget to ensure program success; supplement it with appropriate third-party funds like Intel funding
- Conduct appropriate training sessions for various stakeholder groups, both internal to Red Hat and external to partner associate communities, about the program and its offerings
- Establish and maintain a quarterly executive governance process and cadence specific to the ecosystem business; communicate routinely on updates and enhancements to the program to appropriate stakeholders and management
- Serve as a project manager for program development
- Ensure that backend operations support the program; work through internal stakeholders and systems like Salesforce.com (SFDC), Red Hat Network (RHN), intranets, and the Partner Portal to ensure that content is maintained
- Ensure that the ecosystem forecast ties into the SAP Execution Director’s overall monthly forecast
- Collaborate with the Global Partner Marketing and regional teams to establish the right campaigns, offerings, or promotions to ensure solid SAP via partner results
- Review, update, and publish process documents for Red Hat’s SAP offerings, e.g., partner onboarding guides, not-for-resale subscription ordering process, evaluations, etc.
- 10+ years of related IT industry experience, preferably with an enterprise software company
- Ecosystem experience either managing diverse ecosystem partner types, or working for these kinds of partner organizations
- Comprehensive program management skills and proven record managing large-scale programs and projects, especially partner programs
- Understanding of partner (ISV, SI, cloud, hardware partner) business models, channel structures, discounts, and ordering processes
- Ability to generate reports and familiarity with basic business applications like Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and LibreOffice
- Experienced succeeding as part of a matrixed organization
- Process, planning, and project management skills
- Extremely motivated, passionate, innovative, collaborative, creative, and analytical
- Familiarity with SFDC
- Bachelor's degree; MBA is a plus
- Knowledge of Red Hat, open source, Linux, middleware, cloud technologies, SAP and virtualization is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.