Posted about 1 year ago
Search UI Development
In this position, the Software Engineer will be using their Web UI development expertise to redefine and build the User Experience across all of our Search products, whether it be on Desktop, Tablet of Mobile devices.
The engineer is an experienced hands-on developer with passion for creating intuitive user experiences that delight millions of users and not afraid to dive into the backend code to support new UI functionality. Having a balanced compulsion for elegance in design and code with the ability to quickly deliver innovative solutions to real-world challenges is a must.
- Design, and implement search UIs for Salesforce’s desktop, tablet and phone applications.
- Write clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well.
- Analyze, design, and implement test cases using automated test suites.
- Contribute to the analysis of functional requirements.
- Optimize Web UI performance.
- Participate and promote architectural initiatives, balancing long term velocity and short-term customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree (or its foreign degree equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related quantitative discipline, and 2-3 years of progressive experience in the field of software engineering
- Master’s degree (or its foreign degree equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related quantitative discipline, and 1 year of experience in the field of software engineering.
- Experience with web technologies such as HTML, CSS, AJAX, XML, JSON.
- Passion for building User Interfaces and Applications that are highly usable.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of Web Services (SOAP or REST).
Special Skills (Nice to have):
- Understanding of the full-stack of a web application, web servers and TCP/IP protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, SSL etc.
- Knowledge of web technologies for mobile phones.
- Experience with server-side programming languages such as Java or Python.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL or PL/SQL.
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with Selenium test case automation.
- Knowledge of information retrieval and web search engine techniques like ranking, content detection and indexing.
- Familiarity with Apache search technologies such as Solr.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.