Posted about 1 year ago
(View All Jobs)
- Work from anywhere in Australia or from HQ in Melbourne at one of the Best Places to Work in Australia
- Named Australia's Coolest Company for Women & one of the Best Places to Work.
- Protect and build the information security posture of the entire Envato technology ecosystem.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, we're a completely online company with an ecosystem of sites and services to help people get creative. One of our sites, ThemeForest, is among the 500 most visited websites in the world and it remains among the most visited Australian-owned websites. With more than 500 staff and contractors worldwide, we've helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $700 Million doing what they love.
JobAdvisor awarded us the title of Australia's Coolest Company for Women and Diversity (2015 and 2016). We were also named as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia in the 2015, 2016 and 2017BRW Awards.
On Envato Market thousands of people earn a living selling things like WordPress themes, photos, music tracks and illustrations. With Envato Elements, we oversee one of the world's largest subscription services for digital creatives, providing over one million digital assets for unlimited download for one flat fee. We offer website design and hosting with Envato Sites. On our education platform Tuts+, over 5 million people learn skills including code, illustration, photography, web design, and more, each month. We also run a freelance marketplace called Envato Studio.
What you'll be doing
The Security Architect is part of Envato's growing technology team, responsible for the protection and information security posture of the Envato technology ecosystem. This role will see you working alongside Technical System owners for each of our systems, guiding security architecture, hands-on coaching and assistance with security initiatives and issues whilst continually raising the bar on our security expectations and capability.
As a senior member of the Envato technology team, you will have a dual responsibility to continually improve practices across the business and provide better service to our delivery teams. You'll be the first point of contact for the business for all things security, providing an advisory and consultative approach and coordinating Envato's handling of significant security incidents and assist in incorporating information security concerns into delivery practices.
What we're looking for
- Strong understanding and familiarity with patterns of software design and system integration
- Familiarity with a variety of information security standards and frameworks, (e.g PCI/DSS, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ISO27001,27011,27005,27035...etc)
- Familiarity with current and evolving international privacy obligations (e.g. Australian Privacy Principles, European Privacy principles: DPD, GDPR, EU-US-Shield..etc)
- Excellent planning skills and experience, naturally capable of seeing dependencies and driving others to deliver, while maintaining great relationships - a diplomat yet a driver of great outcomes
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent facilitation skills across all levels of business & stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer
- Experience achieving outcomes at all levels of business through leadership and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance short and long term tradeoffs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas to non-technical and technical people
- Ideally experience in fast-growing digital companies, requiring agile planning to manage fast-growing operations
Who should apply?
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard-working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast-paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
- Read more from our staff about why they love working at Envato by visiting www.jobadvisor.com.au/envato
We care deeply about diversity at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!