Posted 4 months ago
Security Architect Job Responsibilities and Duties
Syncro is a small team crafting applications helping small business be more successful. Our software does job tracking, marketing, invoicing, integrates tons of online tools -- and is awesome.We're building a company that has fun inventing. We go fast, and our customers love us. Thousands of repair shops and IT Professionals all over the world rely on our platform for their entire business operations.We are different - we really do care, the founders are writing this ad and holding interviews.We are building a powerful Remote Machine Management (RMM) platform and this space demands the utmost in security. This is where you come in! As a lead in the security team you’d be relied upon to coordinate vulnerability assessments, field incoming reports from bug bounty programs, assist real-time in active attack scenarios, help marry business requirements with state of the art security systems, and more.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Perform penetration testing on new and existing application architecture
- Gather requirements and current standards to overview technology and make recommendations
- Plan architecture changes and help guide new innovative security programs
- Keep up-to-date on the latest security standards
- Document security procedures for hosted environments, remote workers, internal tools, and the production platform.
- Estimate cost and budget for security updates
- Oversee technical implementations during security or other IT updates
- Mitigate damages during a cyber attack and respond to threats quickly
- Coordinate outside security vendors for vulnerability assessments, audits etc
A salaried position designed to grow with the company(seriously, try us).
We want this to be your dream job - but we need your help(tell us how).
We will advance your career like nobody else-- stay with us for the long haul and we'll keep you challenged, learning, passionate, and growing.
- We are currently a dispersed team working from home.
- We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage and a 401(k).
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- A few years of professional experience working on application security and network security.
- Ruby on Rails or web development experience is a major plus.
No specific education necessary.(really.)
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and electronic.
You care-- which means sometimes putting yourself out there for a customer experiencing pain.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
You're kind and wily(in a good way).
- Bonus: Experience with HIPAA compliance or other similar experience.
HOW TO GET HIRED BY US:
Just demonstrate that you are an individual, you have a personality, you enjoy life, and you enjoy good work. And please include a resume. If you have a cover letter that can highlight something you know about our product, the space, and security trends in this space, that would be fun to read!Syncro is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive and do their best work, free from discrimination and harassment.Pay: DOE. Let's Talk.