Posted over 1 year ago
Do you live and breathe information security? Want to battle cyber criminals every day? Want to work on important problems, your way? Atlassian has an amazing opportunity for you!
We're expanding our security intelligence capability and looking for smart, technical, people to help us build and run new monitoring/analytics systems.
As a Security Intelligence Team Lead you'll help lead and make contributions to our security team which watches over the our corporate environment and Atlassian cloud services, hunts for signs of compromise and implements high-fidelity alerts. More than that, you'll be working with them to build new systems, develop automation and crush security problems you care about.
We would love for you to be a great developer and data analyst, but more importantly, you must be bright, motivated and love security. You should be comfortable writing code to get things done and not depend on third party products to do your job. You must have a solid understanding of network, system and application security and should be considered great in at least one by your peers.
Your day to day will include:
- Run and manage security investigations
- Perform investigations on a wide variety of events from various sources to determine whether they pose a threat to Atlassian
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security incidents
- Advocate security and secure practices throughout Atlassian
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against Atlassian’s products and services
- Analyzing log data for signs of compromise
- Researching attacker tools and tactics
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years experience working in security
- Relevant work experience in security and incident investigation
- Fluency in any modern programming languages (preferably Python, Ruby, Java or Go)
- Written code to complete security tasks
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Experience building and delivering projects from start to finish
- Passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal skills
As a Team lead, you'll be expected to:
- Have directly managed teams of 3+ people
- Take on ownership of large deliverables and complex problems, and clearly break up the work into smaller tasks to be carried out with the rest of the team.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with experience of developing and instilling a culture of broad product ownership and operational maturity.
- Strive toward improvement, question the way things are, and be a driver of change.
- Not be afraid to get your hands dirty and contribute to technical support and your team's project delivery.
- Enjoy mentoring and teaching members of the team
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud service platform
- Experience with malware analysis
- Experience with threat hunting and threat modeling
- Contributions to the security community or open source projects
- Data analytics experience