Posted 9 months ago
In the future, we see a better world. And the changemakers creating that better world should have the tools and technology to make this happen. Technology is the most powerful equalizer of our time, providing access to data, knowledge, and--above all--connections. Salesforce.org gets our technology in the hands of nonprofits, educational institutions, and philanthropic organizations so they can connect with others and do more good. As a social enterprise, the more missions our technology supports, the more we invest back into technology and communities, creating an endless circle of good. We're here to help; visit us at Salesforce.org.
Salesforce.org - General and Administrative and Programs
About Salesforce. org Everyone who wants to change the world should have the tools and technology to do so. Technology is the most powerful equalizer of our time, providing access to data, knowledge and - above all - connections. Salesforce. org gets our technology in the hands of nonprofits and educators so they can connect with others and do more good. As a social enterprise, the more missions our technology supports, the more we invest back into technology and communities, creating an endless circle of good. About the Team & Position We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior Analyst to join a relatively new team, Market Strategy. The team was created to support the Industry Solutions team and drive strategic, high-priority, and cross-functional projects. Success on this team means advising the SVP, Marketing & Industry Solutions and supporting our overall product and growth strategies. This is a unique opportunity to impact salesforce. org's global product strategy and growth, in turn positively impacting thousands of non-profit and education institutions worldwide.
The role covers a number of different responsibilities, including market research & analytics, pricing & packaging, competitive intelligence and go-to market strategy. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with the non-profit and education product leaders, as well as other key leaders (e. g. Sales, Sales Strategy, Enablement, Customer Success, etc.) to help them structure and solve some of their biggest challenges. Projects will vary from the very strategic to the operational, including evaluating worldwide market opportunities, supporting the annual strategy process, defining and advising on pricing strategy, and, ensuring products are successfully brought to market.
Deliverables take the form of robust analytics, structured problem-solving, cross-functional project management and well-packaged recommendations on market strategy, pricing strategy, competitive intelligence, and investment prioritization. The role requires excellent written and verbal communication as the candidate will interact with various areas of the organization and give regular briefings to senior company executives.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of strategic, analytical and communication skills as this role requires a broad perspective, data-driven insights and ability to influence various constituents, including senior leadership. Finally, the candidate must be a team player, have a startup mindset, willing to manage multiple priorities and be able to deal with ambiguity effectively.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Develop salesforce. org's global market intelligence capabilities to support product leaders' growth strategies. This includes (but is not limited to) identification and use of key quantitative / qualitative market data sources, total addressable market modeling, ad-hoc market opportunity projects
- Build out pricing & packaging analytics for new products and features in development to maximize revenue opportunity and customer value
- Drive competitive analysis to evaluate competitors' approaches to the markets and what makes them successful
- Collaborate closely with product operations, product management, sales strategy, enablement, finance, legal, marketing and sales to develop new product GTM strategy and launch SKUs
- Above all else, doing the little things that get the team to their goals
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA a plus, but not required
- 3+ years of work experience in top tier strategy / management consulting, sales strategy, pricing strategy, corporate strategy
- Exposure to SaaS B2B product (especially Salesforce) or go-to-market strategy a plus
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to structure complex cross-functional problems, develop solutions and craft high-quality executive-level presentations; project management and implementation skills to operationalize recommended solutions
- Expert knowledge of common business intelligence, analytical and presentation tools (Excel, Powerpoint, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Business Objects)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and influence other functions by communicating complex concepts clearly and credibly
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously and under tight timelines; flexibility to adjust on the fly to new demands; self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Strong team culture fit
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.