Posted over 2 years ago
TE2, The Experience Engine, a division of accesso, provides consumer-facing enterprises an engine to drive personalization, recommendations and commerce for the physical world, in real-time. We believe every consumer facing business with physical locations will benefit from a machine-learning based platform that provides deep insights and recommendations for how consumers interact and ultimately spend with global brands.
Join our Mobile Development team as a Remote Senior Android Developer and take on this unique opportunity to delight millions of users. Scale a growing portfolio of widely used mobile apps in the hospitality and healthcare industry by leveraging reusable modules and libraries. Your passion and experience will enable us to deliver mobile applications used by millions of guests and consumers.
**Location**San Diego, CA OR Orlando, FL OR working 100% Remote. We are open to a 100% remote resource that will make an occasional trip to San Diego, CA (3x per year).
**Note:**This is a full-time role. You must be located in the United States to be considered.
**Examples of mobile apps developed by accesso that you will be involved in developing:"**
**Knott's Berry Farm**https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cedarfair.knottsberry&hl=en_US
* We are an E-Verify organization. Eligible candidates must be authorized to work in the US without requiring visa sponsorship.
* accesso is a drug free and smoke free company, meaning employees may not smoke or use illegal drugs while at work or away from work.
* This is a full-time position. No contractors please.
**What We Offer**
* Competitive salary based on experience
* The opportunity to earn an annual company discretionary bonus with the potential for stock options
* Generous Paid Time Off as well as paid Volunteer Time Off
* Health insurance plans, including employer-contributed HSA and employer-paid disability and life insurance.
* Matching 401K
* Unlimited access to Udemy for Business for continued learning and career development
* A flexible work schedule around our core business hours
* Design, build, and maintain engaging native Android applications for consumers
* Drive technical design and research for prototyping new concepts and capabilities that leverage the latest Android features
* Collaborate with teams across the company to clarify designs and requirements
* Deliver feature enhancements and continuous improvements to our existing suite of successful mobile apps
* Refactor mobile apps to optimize performance while creating and/or leveraging reusable modules
* Active participation in an Agile development process****
* 3+ years of Android experience
* Experience developing, publishing, and maintaining native Android applications
* Experience building component libraries for teams and third-party developers to integrate into their existing mobile applications
* Strong knowledge of Java and the Android SDK
* Understanding of APK packaging, installation, structure of the Android filesystem, system applications and libraries
* Experience with RESTful APIs and parsing JSON to communicate with backend services
* Understanding of proven design patterns and architectures
* Ability to analyze and optimize code for performance, memory usage, CPU utilization, and battery life
* Passion for product quality and attention to details
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Knowledge of Kotlin
* Insightful opinions about developing for mobile. Attends or organizes local Android Meetups
* e-Commerce experience
* Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
* Experience mentoring other developers
* Please include any GitHub account, Google Play apps, LinkedIn profile, and any project you're particularly proud of. We would love to see your work