Posted about 1 year ago
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Proofpoint is looking for an excellent Senior Android Developer to join the Mobile development team. Proofpoint Mobile is a cutting-edge mobile security solution protecting employees and companies from advanced attacks including cloud, malware, information theft and wifi attacks. Our small and enthusiastic team is continually innovating in the quickly changing mobile security environment. If you want to work in a startup-like environment within a fast moving publicly traded high-growth security company, then Proofpoint may be right for you.
We are looking for a Senior Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
What you bring to the team
- Design, develop, improve, and maintain awesome security features that run on the Android platform.
- Make our Android security app the best in the world!
- Participate in the ongoing design, implementation, and maintenance of systems across our cloud stack, from frontend to backend and everything in-between.
- Take end-to-end ownership of design and implementation of product features.
- Write great production-ready code on schedule with quality.
- Play well with others! Be a great teammate and help us maintain our positive culture.
- Be ready to adapt and pitch in on other projects as needed.
- Have published one or more Android apps to the Google Play store.
- A deep familiarity with Java programming and Android development concepts.
- Familiarity with Kotlin, RxJava, Dagger is preferred.
- Knowledge of security technologies, VPN, SAML is a plus.
- Experience with building mobile SDKs, third-party libraries, and APIs.
- Implemented important app functionality that runs in the background.
- Experience working with remote data via REST, XML, and JSON.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Good understanding of operating systems, security and networking.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Familiarity with version control tools like Git, Jira Issue and Project Tracking tool.
- Motivated, detail-oriented, have the ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related degree.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!