Posted 9 months ago
Are you passionate about mobile applications that enrich users' lives? Do you want to build software for a massive audience? Do you want to give consumers and developers choice in their Android applications & ensure the future of an open Web on Android? Mozilla's mission is to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity as key to the continued health of the Internet. Our goal is to extend the spirit of Firefox from every angle for mobile. We are looking for a Senior Android Mobile Engineer to help make this happen.
As a Senior Android Mobile Engineer you will:
- Build (and maintain!) top-rated Android apps with quick feedback loops from Product and UX
- Define & uphold standards for quality by mentoring junior engineers, performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating tests, and profiling code
- Make technical decisions about the code and architecture of our mobile products
- Collaborate with a geographically distributed development team and work in the open as part of the Mozilla open source project, and engage with Mozilla's global community
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- You have advanced coding skills in at least one of the following: Java or Kotlin
- You have experience building and shipping Java/Kotlin-based Android applications
- You have exposure to web technologies (JS, CSS, DOM, HTML)
- You have the ability to learn and be effective with a large code base
- You have experience defining and instituting coding, testing, documentation and agile process standards
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains so you should be passionate about learning new things.
Join us and become part of our mission to champion openness, innovation, and opportunity online.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.