Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Asia Pacific (APAC) Emerging Technology team is looking for a Senior Architect to join us in Mumbai, India. In this role, you will support the rapidly expanding Red Hat's container platform business in the region. Using your knowledge of platform and application workloads, you will focus on guiding container adoption of our strategic customers. For that reason, you'll need to have excellent technical, communication, and people skills. As a Senior Architect, you will be focused on solutions involving the full application portfolio of Red Hat's offerings, specifically the cloud-native ones. Your exemplary leadership and ability to promote the Red Hat Multiplier values, which include connection, trust, transparency, collaboration, and inclusive meritocracy, will be a crucial factor to your success.
- Lead DevOps consulting engagements, focusing on integrating Red Hat and partner cloud and DevOps solutions and services
- Conduct design workshops and provide solutions architecture and design to meet the requirements of customers
- Work closely with Red Hat’s product engineering, business development, consulting, support, and sales teams to deliver a world-class customer experience
- Work closely with sales teams to conduct discovery workshops to identify customer challenges and requirements
- Assist in the development of repeatable methodologies and tools designed to scale
- Red Hat's solutions and service capabilities, promote repeatable customer engagements, and ensure delivery excellence
- Assist with the scoping and estimation of consulting engagements by working closely with service delivery managers and DevOps partners
- Contribute to the Red Hat Consulting team by participating in internal initiatives, creating consulting whitepapers, and updating the knowledge base
- Serve as a senior trusted adviser to Red Hat’s customers and partners and play a key role in helping them develop their technology roadmap
- Participate in Red Hat’s public and private speaking events focused around DevOps
- Help kick off new projects, inform the implementation team of the project's design, and monitor the progress of a project to ensure that it continues to conform to the overall architecture
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to junior DevOps-focused members of Red Hat’s in-country consulting teams
- Work with DevOps partner solutions architects across APAC to define repeatable resolutions that combine Red Hat’s and partner technical solutions and services
- Collaborate with the broader regional and global Red Hat’s teams to map emerging solutions using partner services
- 10+ years of experience working as a solutions consultant with a solid background in building and designing enterprise applications
- Solid technical background and experience working as either a presales solutions architect or a delivery consultant
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of open source cloud Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions like Red Hat OpenShift and related technologies like Docker and Kubernetes, etc.
- Prior experience designing and building microservices
- Practical knowledge of Linux systems, preferably Red Hat's platform solutions including Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Red Hat Ansible Automation, and other related technologies
- Ability to quickly embrace and understand new technologies; ability to assimilate new information and understand complex topics
- Background in leading complex customer solutions in a rapidly evolving technology domain
- Proven record of working in a strategic advisory capacity to enterprise architecture teams
- Broad and deep technical experience across a selection of integration, messaging, containerization, application platform, caching, and business automation technologies
- Knowledge of and operational experience with new services methodology related to agile and DevOps
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including extensive experience presenting to senior technical leadership at large firms
- Solutions sales mentality in an environment with multiple offerings and services
- Proven ability to work seamlessly with distributed cross-functional teams to achieve success on behalf of customers
- Creative with a balance of strategic and tactical skills; high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Passion for open source, software, tooling, and automation
- Proven record of developing relationships at engineering, commercial, and executive levels throughout large enterprise IT organizations
- Comfortable presenting and having technical and business discussions with senior executives
- Ability to realize proofs of concepts from concept to business closure stages
- Experience with different programming languages; knowledge of Python, Perl, Ruby, or Java is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.