Posted about 1 year ago
Are you an incredible backend developer, can work independently and want to be a game-changer in a fast-growing startup?
WeTravel (www.wetravel.com) is an online payment platform that helps travel companies transition from paper-based and traditional finances, communication and marketing to digital excellence fit for today’s modern travel industry.
Led by Silicon Valley and travel industry veterans we are a Venture Capital backed scale-up bringing together a diverse and highly motivated team. We work in 20+ languages to serve thousands of tour operators on all 5 continents while maintaining the lean approach to business that propelled us to where we are today.
This position is based in our Baku office. The candidate is expected to communicate both with our CTO and engineers in San Francisco as well as our engineers in our development office in Azerbaijan.
* Possibility to work as freelancer or under employment contract
* Competitive compensation package
* Flexible vacation schedule
* Equity options (after trial period)
* As a travel-related company, we have fantastic team retreats (usually close to a beach)
* Designing a scalable and service-oriented architecture with extensible REST APIs that can be consumed by our own platform and partner applications
* Designing and developing algorithms to make our search process more accurate and faster.
* Participate in standup, scoping, sprint reviews and planning
* Design, develop, review, test and deploy code
* Review and provide feedback on new feature specifications
* Monitor backend performance and work with systems engineers to speed up backend
* Further the product and infrastructure using and learning skills and experience
* Customize GEMS per our needs
* Hands-on experience developing and maintaining software products used in production situations
* Object-oriented software design and development experience using Python, Java, C++, Ruby, and Ruby on Rails (Ruby is a plus).
* Must want to work in Ruby
* Good experience working in Unix environments
* Experience in web-based applications
* Experience working with Agile processes within a product development environment
* Experience shipping high-quality, well-tested applications
* Excellent English communication skills
* Test-driven development
* In-depth knowledge of two or more of Node.JS, Redis, Mysql, Postgresql, MongoDb, Queue mechanisms, RabbitMQ