Posted 7 months ago
What will you be doing?
As with many young companies, your responsibilities will change over time. However, here are some of the responsibilities we expect you to take on as a Senior Backend Engineer:
- Gathering and processing large volumes of data, you'll play a meaningful role in improving a backend that processes very high volumes of raw data.
- Supporting the rest of the team in squashing bugs and improving the quality of our main Rails application.
- Contribute to technology strategy – we will decide together how to evolve our data processing pipeline using technologies that fit our purposes.
- Mentor junior members in the team, e.g. by reviewing their pull requests while providing constructive feedback, helping them when they have questions, as well as more pro-active mentoring sessions.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in technology
Sounds interesting? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have 5+ years of experience developing high traffic web applications
- Strong experience with data processing, we use PostgreSQL for almost everything.
- Strong knowledge of provisioning and orchestration tools. We presently use SaltStack and Terraform.
- Strong knowledge of Linux system administration, preferably Ubuntu.
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages. Right now we use Ruby-on-Rails, Rust, and Go with Gin.
- Strong knowledge of cloud environments, particularly AWS and DigitalOcean.
- Good knowledge of the fundamentals of software development – how to structure programs and decompose problems, when to apply patterns, and understand to select the right paradigm for a task.
- Next to speaking English fluently you are able to understand and translate business requirements into clearly articulated technology solutions.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with stream processing tools (Apache Storm, AWS Kinesis etc)
- Knowledge of CI/CD systems and practices
- Experience with Docker and service discovery layers/consensus systems (Consul, etc)
- You're passionate about programming. You know how to run code, not just write it.
- You're pragmatic, and know when to be hands-on and enjoys taking the lead in challenging situations.
- You're excited to learn new technologies and best-practices.
- You’re always up for pairing and tackling problems with your colleagues.
- You're eager to learn, contribute to design and architecture decisions, and inspire change.
What is it like to work at ChartMogul?
- You’ll join the adventures of an early stage company and experience what it means to have a job that’s incredibly impactful
- You’ll become part of a team of nice, awesome and highly dedicated people that all have the same mission: Helping companies to build better businesses.
- You’ll receive a great salary pack (market or upmarket).