Posted about 1 year ago
Zipline Business Development Representative
Are you passionate about helping retail companies revolutionize the way they do business? Are you looking for a career that allows you to work with the world's best known brands and Fortune 1,000 leaders?
Our mission is to bring retail operations out of the dark ages and give companies effective tools that their employees love to use. You will help improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees and save them from sad, slow, inefficient systems (think fax machines, voicemails and the postal service). People deserve better! We need your help to make this happen.
We are an early stage, well-funded company. We have awesome investors, great customers and are looking for an Enterprise Business Development Representative to help us accelerate our growth and shape the company's future. You should be a self-starter, independent thinker and extrovert who loves communication and building relationships with others. Your work will help us accelerate the sales process as well as help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue targets. We need someone with experience converting target prospects into opportunities to help us increase our lead funnel and build a repeatable business development structure.
What will you do:
A little bit more about you:
- Hunt: Research target companies for key decision-makers and other contacts whose responsibilities are the best match for Zipline products.
- Strategize: Study media and other sources to understand prospects business, structure, goals & objectives, and pain points to determine the best plan of attack.
- Message: Leverage marketing messages to craft insightful talking points, emails and voicemails which will resonate with your prospects
- Contact: Access and initiate peer to peer conversations with target prospects by phone, email and social media
- Convert: Gather valuable insights through further conversations and effective questions to set up introductory sales meetings with the Account Executives.
- Collaborate: Brainstorm with marketing and sales to improve lead generation tactics, marketing strategy and sales tools.
- Grow: Help build the structure, tools, and processes needed to scale business development and support repeatable growth.
- 2+ years in sales or business development, lead generation or B2B SaaS experience, ideally with retail as a vertical.
- Experience using Salesforce, LinkedIn, Apollo or similar lead generation tools.
- A strong track record for turning leads into meetings and opportunities.
- A desire to hunt for new business and prospect into target accounts.
What's In It for You:
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels within an organization.
- Outstanding listening and writing skills. A keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple and intuitive communication.
- Demonstrated work behaviors such as self-motivation, dependable, and dedicated.
- Remote: Join an effective remote team and work where you're comfortable.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We've done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, and Palm Springs.
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.