Posted about 1 month ago
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) analyzes and documents the processes, systems, data, and needs of a business. They help businesses improve their processes, products, and services technology based solutions. The typical roles include creating detailed business analysis, budgeting and forecasting, planning and monitoring, variance analysis, pricing, reporting, defining business requirements for stakeholders, and quality assurance.
Responsibilities (how you will make a difference)
The BSA acts as the bridge between the business (client) and the development staff. They translate the needs of the client into a workable form, validate the requirements were met, and communicate it all. You will...
- Participate in and document the initial discovery process during engagement
- Break down the initial discovery and requirements into estimates
- Gather and document detailed requirements from the client after engagement
- Oversee (and potentially perform) UX/UI design and mocking
- Convert those requirements into workable backlog items for the development staff
- Oversee (and potentially perform) QA for the project
- Work with the team to make sure they have everything they need to implement
- Communicate progress, changes, questions, and issues back to the client
- Work on multiple projects
You will typically be working on more than one project at a time but not beyond reasonable capacity. You will not be responsible for development but will work closely with the team. You will not be project managing but will communicate the progress and status to the stakeholders.
Experience (what you bring to the team)
- Excellent communication skills, English (verbal and written)
- 4+ years of experience in a Business Systems Analyst role
- Strong understanding of the SDLC
- Strong analytical and data skills
- Strong documentation and reporting skills
- Strong productivity software skills (MS Office, Google, Adobe)
- Strong understanding of UX/UI
- Strong understanding of workflows
- Strong experience using PM software like TFS-Azure DevOps, Trello, etc.
- Strong project management experience and Agile or Scrum
- Experience working with QA
- Experience with SAAS and mobile applications
Preferred (what will make you stand out)
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS)
- Mocking skills (Figma, Adobe XD, or Balsamic)
- Background in development
- Background in QA
- Background in Communications
- Background in Literature
Benefits (how we help you succeed)
At Baytech we believe in growth...
- $90 - $120k
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- IRA Retirement Plan
- 40 Hour Work Weeks
- Senior Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Based in Orange County, CA
About Us (more reasons to join)
Bay Tech Consulting is a boutique software consulting firm based in Orange County, CA. Our mission is to build quality software for our clients and be their long-term technology partner. We have been in business over 10 and the partners are software engineers with over 40 years of experience between the two of them. They are passionate about software development and advancements in technology.
- We strongly prefer local candidates
- We are NOT CONSIDERING any candidates OUTSIDE THE USA.
- NO THIRD PARTIES ARE CONSIDERED