Posted 5 months ago
NOTE: This position if fully remote with an initial on-boarding in Bali, Indonesia.
At Labster we are dedicated to empowering the next generation of scientists to change the world. Our goal is to develop software that makes learning both engaging and effective, and to make it accessible to as many students as possible.
We govern ourselves by using a flat-hierarchy system that is focused on motivation and results. We believe in flexible work hours and a good work-life balance, and while we love to get results, it’s incredibly important for us to have happy team members.
At this point in time, we are a team of approximately 40+ developers. Some of the projects we are currently working on include but are not limited to: VR, building complex game/simulation editing tools and an advanced learning analytics dashboard, as well as scaling our DevOps server architecture to reach millions of students. To achieve our goals, our stack includes C#, Unity3D, Python, AWS etc.
- Extending our award-winning visual 3D simulation editor
- Designing and developing new features for our highly popular virtual laboratory simulation and gamified education platform
- Engineering cutting-edge, innovative educational gaming technologies integrated into Unity3D
- Working as a member of a cross-functional team comprised of C# Developers, 3D Artists, QA Engineers, Content Writers and Content Developers
- Driving improvements to our coding practices (such as test-driven development practices)
- Contributing product ideas and working within the Product Team to help refine product features and requirements
- Developing interpreter for Labster’s domain-specific language for educational simulations
- You are proficient in designing, developing and maintaining applications using C#
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
- You like to take initiative and come up with ideas and you are not afraid of constructively question status quo
- You have excellent attention to details
- You are a great team player
- You have a solid understanding of algorithms, design patterns, and best practices
- You have a tendency to propose smart yet simple solutions
Ideally, you also tick off at least 3 out of 5 characteristics listed below
- You have a MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience (this is not a must-have for this role as we are prioritizing practical skills/experience)
- You have experience working with Unity3D engine
- You are proficient in analyzing and optimizing code for performance and efficiency
- You have experience in developing and maintaining domain specific languages (experience with WPF is a plus)
- You have experience working with Agile methodologies
Why should you join us?
- We provide a friendly and productive work environment with fun, smart, open-minded international group of people
- We are a market leader when it comes to VR learning, backed up by renowned capital venture funds like Owl Ventures or Balderton
- You will have the opportunity to work with the newest technologies
- We provide a competitive salary based on your qualifications and experience and the company warrants as a part of your remuneration
- You will own your schedule – flexibility and ability to make a real impact was always our priority
You will have the opportunity to undergo a fun and exciting up to 90 day introductory period in Bali and the opportunity to work from the coolest offices in the whole island (Livit Hub)
At Labster we are dedicated to empowering the next generation of scientists to change the world . Our goal is to develop fully interactive software that makes learning both engaging and effective, and to make it accessible to as many students as possible (see short trailer here). We are partnering with major publishers and other EdTech companies such as Pearson and Google.
We believe in flexible work hours and a good work-life balance, and while we love to achieve great things via concentrated work, it’s incredibly important for us to have happy and engaged team members across all of our locations: the US, the UK, Denmark, Switzerland, and Indonesia.
Location: Remote in a European Time Zone