Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a Senior Channel Solutions Architect to join us in Bogota, Colombia. In this role, you will contribute to the Red Hat partner enablement program. This team is responsible for architecting solutions for prospective customers, presenting compelling recommendations, and convincing them to adopt our innovative open source solutions. You’ll need to have a combination of advanced technical expertise, business insight, and excellent communication skills. As a Senior Channel Solutions Architect, you will collaborate with Red Hat's sales and technical delivery teams to create solutions and present them to executive IT leadership with a compelling business case to invest in Red Hat’s solutions.
- Support Red Hat’s partners in leading presales pilots, initiatives, demonstrations, proofs of concepts (POC), evaluations, and benchmarks
- Understand the channel partner business model and demonstrate knowledge of partner go-to-market strategies and Red Hat’s relevance in comparison to other vendor's offerings
- Serve as a point of contact between partners and Red Hat, including evangelization for partner capabilities and implementation within Red Hat and vice versa
- Serve as an overall technical expert for Red Hat partner accounts and as a resource manager and coordinator for other specialists
- Take responsibility for developing, maintaining, and growing technical relationships with Red Hat’s partners (e.g., Red Hat Champions)
- Assess the technical expertise of Red Hat’s partners by developing and implementing technical enablement plans for focus partners and by regularly monitoring progress
- Integrate Red Hat’s technologies across Red Hat's five major solutions areas (platform, management, cloud, middleware, and storage) to build joint solutions with partners
- Continue educational advancement to learn additional Red Hat’s solutions within your area of specialization and across the broader Red Hat portfolio
- 7+ years of experience with Java programming
- 7+ years of experience with JEE programming with application servers (Red Hat Middleware, Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, etc.)
- Technical translating skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Proficient presentation skills to small and large groups of mixed audiences including business, technical, and management teams
- Knowledge of application architecture (MVC or Model 2, patterns, JDBC, CVS, build management, etc.)
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture (UNIX, RDBMS, MOM, LDAP, clustering, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Willingness to travel 50-70%
- Presales and sales engineering experience are a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.