Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Specialize in the design and development of automated container platforms, deployment pipelines, and cloud-ready application architectures. The Red Hat Consulting team is looking for a Senior Container Infrastructure Consultant to join our consulting operations or Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and DevOps practice in Toronto, Canada. In this role, you will learn to design and guide implementations of cloud-ready applications and deployment pipelines on large-scale container platform clusters using Java, Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Red Hat Ansible Automation, and Red Hat OpenShift. You won't be expected to know everything on day one, but your ability to learn new technologies quickly will be essential. This is a remote position with weekly travel to customer sites.
- Implement automated, containerized cloud application platform solutions with a focus on infrastructure concerns, including networking, storage, virtualization, security, logging, monitoring, and high availability and system resilience
- Learn new technologies quickly, including container orchestration, container registries, container build strategies, cloud storage, and software-defined networking (SDN)
- Travel frequently to work alongside leading financial services, retail, telecommunication, and institutional customers
- 5+ years of technology experience within consulting, operations, help desk, service desk, development, and related internships
- 3+ years of experience with Linux system administration, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or a derivative
- 2+ years of platform scripting experience with Ruby, Python, or Go languages
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Willingness to undergo an intensive training program on the Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift technologies and related
- DevOps topics upon joining Red Hat
The following skills will be required of you after 2-12 months of working at Red Hat:
- Understanding of how to build production-ready container platforms, integrated with existing enterprise systems
- Knowledge of how to deploy source code into running, scalable containers in an automated fashion at enterprise scale
- Practical experience with our offerings
- Ability to successfully and collaboratively deliver customer requirements using Red Hat OpenShift
- Knowledge of how a customer use case can be developed into a project plan and how those requirements align with Red Hat's technologies
- Understanding of how Red Hat's technologies can transform software delivery (DevOps) practices at large organizations
- Ability to successfully implement complex, large-scale container platform solutions in challenging customer environments
- Ability to help other consultants learn DevOps and container technologies and processes
- Willingness to contribute lessons learned, best practices, and how-tos to our internal and external communities of practice
- Ability to apply new technologies, frameworks, or methodologies to container platforms
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.