Animalz is a content marketing agency that strives to create the best content on the web. We help companies—particularly B2B SaaS businesses—grow by making great content that their audience loves.
Our focus is on written content that helps companies educate and inform their audiences (Executives, Managers, and other specialized professionals in their field) on strategies and tactics for being successful in their work. Product, design, marketing, sales, and engineering are the main topic areas we cover, mostly within the SaaS/tech field.
This is a writing-focused role that also requires direct contact with customers. In addition to high-quality writing and reasoning skills, successful candidates will be able to demonstrate strong skills managing customer accounts and content workflows and solid skills in content marketing strategy and ideation.
What we offer:
At Animalz, we have a dual mission: to set a new bar for quality content marketing and to develop thoughtful, curious, creative minds. We envision a world where the internet is dominated by content that’s informative, insightful and entertaining. And to achieve that, we’re not just hiring people who are talented, we’re helping shape talent into the best content marketers in the world.
When you join Animalz, you’re joining a development hub of 50+ content marketing managers, strategists, editors, and researches who are passionate about what they do and dedicated to learning and improving themselves. We believe that a successful company is built on reciprocal relationships with its employees, so we nurture our hard-working, dedicated, talented employees.
As a fast-growing startup with an entrepreneurial mindset, we offer various ways for our people to grow and accelerate their careers not only in content but also beyond. These are just some of the systems and processes we've developed internally to help you achieve your desired goals:
- a career development framework for continuous growth
- skill and vertical based resources for better learning
- monthly 1:1s with your content strategist and bimonthly 1:1s with your editor
- monthly lunch and learns
- working alongside the best content people in the world
“We believe that content is one of a handful of the most important skills you can have. Content transfers to other mediums in product and business, and content marketers can become successful founders, managers, and executives.”
- Walter Chen, Animalz Founder & CEO.
An ideal senior content marketing manager at Animalz:
- is deeply passionate about writing and approaches all forms of content with a creatively curious mindset
- has a strong writing ability and consistently executes on SEO best practices
- has an opinion about content and can speak clearly and persuasively to their ideas on what makes good (and bad) content
- understands storytelling's role in marketing and the business side of writing
- has worked in a fast-paced agency or freelance environment before where editing (by editors—not self-editing) was an integral part of the production process
- is keenly curious about technology and has developed strategies and frameworks for quickly learning a customer’s (tech) product it in order to write knowledgeably about it
- creates, delivers and implements strategy, content calendars and reporting to customers using the appropriate analytical (and other) tools
- is well-organized, independently motivated and loves working directly with customers
- You are able to create, pitch and execute ideas and content based on an SEO-focused B2B content strategy
- You can clearly explain why a piece of content needs to be written, providing all the necessary data and information to support your case
- You can lead customer calls
- You know how to do on-page SEO for any piece you write
- You write clearly, concisely, and in an organize way to communicate complex ideas in a simple and straightforward manner
- You've worked directly with customers and can show concrete results in growing organic traffic and meeting the customer's goals
- You know how content marketing, SEO, email marketing, and social marketing function and have experience in combining them together to get results.
- You can work at hours that regularly overlap with EST business hours (3 hours per day at least) and can schedule overlap with a few PST hours as needed (3-4 hours a month for customer calls).
- Compose, revise and deliver 2-3 well-researched and unique B2B blog posts per week (~1,500-2,00 words each)
- Maintain the relationship, expectations, and retention for your customers
- Create your customers’ content strategy, and research and pitch ideas that align with the intended results
- Anticipate how your articles will perform and explain why
- Help the team learn from your expertise by mentoring less experienced writers, creating resources, and generally sharing your knowledge with the team
We’re a remote team with a home base in NYC and team members scattered around the world. We have an eclectic team of current and former scientists, journalists, operations folks, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company.
About the position
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) remote job. Although we applaud and encourage pursuing your passion projects, we want to make it clear that this is not a freelance/part-time position you can do in tandem with other major professional endeavors.
This position has opened up as a result of our agency's rapid growth and we're actually looking to hire a few awesome people for this role. But we'll only hire people that we think are a great fit for both our team and our customers.
- Work from anywhere you like (as long as you have regular overlap with EST business hours (3 hours per day at least) and can schedule overlap with a few PST hours as needed (3-4 hours a month for customer calls))
- Health insurance for both US and international team members (we cover 80% of the medical premium 99% of vision and dental)
- 25 paid days off per year
- Unlimited sick and personal days
- Monthly health and wellness stipend (for gym subscription or other physical activity)
- Monthly team lunch stipend to enjoy a lunch with a friend or coworker
- Parental leave (up to 12 weeks for primary caregivers and up to 6 weeks for secondary caregivers)
- Learning opportunities through internal workshops, talks, and conferences
- Accelerated growth opportunities
What's it like to work at Animalz?
Join us for an hour-long webinar where we discuss careers, growth, and culture at Animalz. We'll make sure to leave time to answer all your questions.