Posted over 1 year ago
Salesforce seeks to hire a pro-active, business-oriented, and tech-savvy attorney to serve as senior product counsel supporting one or more products that are part of our B2B product portfolio (this broad portfolio includes Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Platform, Quip, Heroku, App Exchange, Trailhead, Einstein Platform, Mobile, and Salesforce Essentials, and other products), as well being the lead attorney for Salesforce's Strategic Partnership team. The attorney will partner directly with executives, developers, and product managers to provide strategic legal counsel and thought leadership on issues from development through launch and distribution. The attorney will play an important role in shaping policies and processes to help the legal department scale as Salesforce continues to grow, and to drive important compliance initiatives relating to product development, privacy, and data protection. This attorney will be based in Salesforce's San Francisco headquarters.
- Provide guidance to executives, engineers and product managers on issues related to new and existing services, products, and features throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Serve as an expert and resource on issues related to SaaS product lifecycle, and privacy and data protection as these topics relate to a range of Salesforce's B2B products and services
- Review and negotiate complex agreements with service providers and technology partners, as well as advise executive leadership and product management on such transactions.
- Provide strategic and timely client counseling and training on relevant issues.
- Build cross-functional relationships with business teams as well as other members of the legal department.
- Juris Doctor degree and admitted to practice in at least one US jurisdiction required (CA preferred).
- 8+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department, preferably in the technology industry, with significant transactional and product counseling experience.
- Familiar with key regulatory requirements in the SaaS space, including open source licensing practices and privacy and data protection issues.
- Substantial experience with technology licensing/transactions.
- High work quality and ability to resolve time sensitive issues practically and efficiently.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly responsive with a service-oriented mindset.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-based and demanding work environment.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
- Collaborative team player combined with ability to work independently.
- Sense of humor.
- In-house experience at a technology company.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP).
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.